Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

How does one load a photo in a topic?

I used to load photos from my Fotki site w/o problems...I miss the magic button

[...]

I figured it out...B)

Could you please share?

Because I seem to be too daft. I try by using the "insert other media" button -> "Insert image from URL" -> paste the URL -> click on "Insert into post".
What happens then is that I get that squirly thingy going round and round and nothing else ever happens. It's not even timing out after a while and
with 'a while' I mean an hour or so.

Edited by Junkman

Could you please share?

Because I seem to be too daft. I try by using the "insert other media" button -> "Insert image from URL" -> paste the URL -> click on "Insert into post".
What happens then is that I get that squirly thingy going round and round and nothing else ever happens. It's not even timing out after a while and
with 'a while' I mean an hour or so.

Hey it worked once and I felt so happy, but hasn't worked since...sorry!

Fellas, you're going to have to copy and paste your images here. Just right click on the photo, hit copy image, right click where you're typing and hit paste, and bingo.....the pic should appear. ;)

Until the bugs get worked out of the board, I found that's the best way for me to post pics, and it doesn't suck up your server space here. The only caveat is the pic needs to stay in the same place on the 'net. If the URL is changed or the pic is moved it won't show here.

Here's a pic I copied and pasted from Google..............

http://www.corvetteforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-Airbox-COPO-Race-Car.jpg

No distortion, no "scrunchiness", at least as I see this on my monitor.

Hope this helps!

Fellas, you're going to have to copy and paste your images here. Just right click on the photo, hit copy image, right click where you're typing and hit paste, and bingo.....the pic should appear. ;)

Until the bugs get worked out of the board, I found that's the best way for me to post pics, and it doesn't suck up your server space here. The only caveat is the pic needs to stay in the same place on the 'net. If the URL is changed or the pic is moved it won't show here.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-Airbox-COPO-Race-Car.jpg

Hope this helps!

It's squeezed in from the sides on your original post as I see it on my iPad, but looks fine here as I fill out the reply box. Go figure. But it squeezes again when I post it. 

Edited by sjordan2

Yeah, I noticed that too, but if I move the screen resolution in and out (I'm using Firefox), the pic will go to normal at a smaller res. The only trouble is I have a difficult enough time seeing the type on the board, and it's the reason you see the bold/blue font I post in.

The regular type is just too hard for me to see, and if I enlarge the screen too much, everything else gets crowded out. I guess that's another bug to get worked out------------the board having the ability once again to "rightsize/resize" pics.

Ain't 2015 technology grand?? :rolleyes:

Hey! i LIKE that MGB!! :wub: 

I have a soft spot for them as I once owned a '71 Midget (yes I COULD get into one!) back in the mid '80's. Troublesome but FUN little car!

Whose kit is that BTW?

Thank you!

It was built from the Airfix issue of the Aoshima kit.

photo pic063.jpg

I think I'm the only one ever who built the rubber bumper version despite the chrome bumper version is included.
Also note, that I gave it the correct rubber bumper version stance. Yes, they jacked them up to meet federal bumper height regulations.

This could very well be a dumb question, but where is the change avatar option at ?,  I am not seeing it anywhere.

Click on you avatar, then click on the little image icon which appears at the lower left corner of your avatar. Options to change or edit it will appear.

Hope this helps!

I see the image squished left to right.

I think that if you copy/paste an image that's bigger than a certain size, there's a limit here as to how big a photo will be allowed, and any photo larger will be "squished" into the max. allowed size.

The picture on my phone is scrunched left to right, stretched out tall top to bottom on the forum site, if I tap on Bills picture it shows me the original picture from corvetteforum.com and its fine, back to the forum its distorted ....on my laptop the picture is fine. Pretty much I can deal with it, an extra step here or there to make it work is fine with me.

The picture on my phone is scrunched left to right, stretched out tall top to bottom on the forum site, if I tap on Bills picture it shows me the original picture from corvetteforum.com and its fine, back to the forum its distorted ....on my laptop the picture is fine. Pretty much I can deal with it, an extra step here or there to make it work is fine with me.

From what I've been hearing, that "squished" thing has pretty much just been evident on peoples hand held devices. Ie. phones & pads.

I have seen this phenomena on my wife's Ipad, but everyone's pics look just fine on my desk top.

Ok, I'm a fossil for still using a desk top, but hey.....pics look great on my end! ;)

Steve

I see the image squished left to right.

corvettescreenshot_zpsuh7nvodk.jpg

I think that if you copy/paste an image that's bigger than a certain size, there's a limit here as to how big a photo will be allowed, and any photo larger will be "squished" into the max. allowed size.

It's squished on my iPad but it's just fine on my iMac desktop. 'Tis a puzzlement.

Edited by sjordan2

I upgraded my computer and added Firefox and Chrome to my regular Safari, and now I can post again on Safari and Firefox; Chrome doesn't give me posting access on this forum. However, after the upgrade, Flash doesn't work with Safari or chrome. This is a test posted via Safari with an image copied in Firefox.

Picture51_zps2543d726.png

Edited by sjordan2

I upgraded the software to the latest on my iPhone 6 the other day. Since then while viewing the forum the forum display is only shown on one side of the screen, not over the whole width of the screen. When looking at the screen its displaying on the left side only. The right side is blank white with nothing on it.

Its a shame as I liked the new look on my phone but now it doesn't work as my display is only half the screen now unless I zoom in. What's strange as the adverts fill the entire width of the screen.

This forum is the only one I'm having issues with. Any ideas? 

• 6 months later...