Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

today, the icons on the main forum page to the left of the section headings have turned to the (broken) "not found" symbol, not really a problem for me but it's a negative change that wasn't there yesterday.

I'm using the latest flavor of FIrefox on win8.1

Edited by blunc

As for the "Editor" preview function, it's my understanding that the editor is now a full WYSIWYG editor.

From the software site:

Thanks for making this a priority and providing an answer.

Now just that tiny nit (compared to what you've improved) about numbers for posts in a thread. I and several others find it helpful.

OK

a couple of issues

1. I finally figured out how to load photos from Fotki, it was working fine until today. The file shows up on the post, but the image will not open as it has always done in the past.

2. Can I change the default font/size in the reply box? I like this one. B)

other than these two issues, I'm liking it so far

I suddenly cannot add a photo link to a post.   I'm on my Windows 8 laptop. Won't work in either IE or Chrome.   My pc took upon itself to install Java 1.8.0_51 yesterday.  This is probably the problem.  

Prior to this Fotki uploader wouldn't work, kept telling me my Java was out of date. Now that works fine!

I rebooted to see if that would help, and the "New Content" button gave me no results.  Now it's showing threads updated since I logged in.  Is that supposed to keep my new content history, or redo itself every time I log in?

What can I do to get my ability to add my photo link (to photos in my Fotki album) back again?

OK

a couple of issues

1. I finally figured out how to load photos from Fotki, it was working fine until today. The file shows up on the post, but the image will not open as it has always done in the past.

Far as I know Curt, you have to manually change the color/font size/style each time you make a post. I use the one you see here simply because the default one I have a tough time seeing. The eyes aren't what they used to be, and this "dresses" things up a bit than the too faint black font.

Edited by MrObsessive

OK

a couple of issues

Far as I know Curt, you have to manually change the color/font size/style each time you make a post. I use the one you see here simply because the default one I have a tough time seeing. The eyes aren't what they used to be, and this "dresses" things up a bit than the too faint black font.

Thank you, that's too bad...I have the same problem with the itty-bitty default font!

What can I do to get my ability to add my photo link (to photos in my Fotki album) back again?

I had a similar problem yesterday (Photobucket though), and my image would just never load, so I ended up uploading the image from my hard disk, as drag/drop would not work either.

Edited by Roadrunner

I'm using an android phone. Stock android web browser. Samsung Galaxy S4

I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy S5 using the chrome browser, which is the only one I have on my phone. I cleared the browser history, cookies etc but the site formats for a desktop and not a mobile device and won't even let me pull up my profile or sign in. I too view the site mainly on my phone.

I'm using an android phone. Stock android web browser. Samsung Galaxy S4

I fixed the problem on my phone: I had to set the "theme" at the bottom of the page to "Default". Once I did this, it formats correct for a mobile screen. 

today, the icons on the main forum page to the left of the section headings have turned to the (broken) "not found" symbol, not really a problem for me but it's a negative change that wasn't there yesterday.

I'm using the latest flavor of FIrefox on win8.1

fixed it by "re-applying" the default theme.

OK

a couple of issues

Thank you, that's too bad...I have the same problem with the itty-bitty default font!

You can hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "+" key until you get it large enough, "-" key will reduce it.  You can also change the font and size in your browser tools.

You can hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "+" key until you get it large enough, "-" key will reduce it.  You can also change the font and size in your browser tools.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that neat trick. ;)

The difficulty with that is it can change the board's "style" and I have to go back and reset things the way they were. No big deal............I just like the bolder print when it comes to web pages as sometimes when you use that feature, it shifts the page around horrendously, and it becomes a bit of a nuisance.

The solution for me is new eyes! In the near future however, I really need to see about getting a new prescription for glasses. I'm way overdue for new ones, and I do know that without 'em I'm legally blind. They tell me without glasses my vision is 20/600, and last I checked that's considered legally blind unless things have changed.

Is there an issue posting Fotki photos or is it just me?

Ken, I've had no trouble-----as of last week I posted photos of my WIP '67 Mustang and I had no issues with the amount of pics I posted.

Edited by MrObsessive

Ken it seems as though the board is having trouble linking pics. I just tried to post a pic on another thread from Photobucket and Fotki, and neither one would show. Must have just started today, as I had no trouble at all last week posting those Mustang pics.

Calling Dave Ambrose! :D

Ken it seems as though the board is having trouble linking pics. I just tried to post a pic on another thread from Photobucket and Fotki, and neither one would show. Must have just started today, as I had no trouble at all last week posting those Mustang pics.

Yes, same for me. I was able to load photos from Fotki until yesterday. Now I can't unless I use the method AZTom uses.

AHHHH thanks Bill thats the intel I needed. When something doesnt work right and your a caveman like me its not good:D

I suddenly cannot add a photo link to a post.   I'm on my Windows 8 laptop. Won't work in either IE or Chrome.   My pc took upon itself to install Java 1.8.0_51 yesterday.  This is probably the problem.  

Prior to this Fotki uploader wouldn't work, kept telling me my Java was out of date. Now that works fine!

I rebooted to see if that would help, and the "New Content" button gave me no results.  Now it's showing threads updated since I logged in.  Is that supposed to keep my new content history, or redo itself every time I log in?

Same thing here on Photo loads from anywhere.  Neither IE or Chorme and Win 7 or Win 8.1.  Last time I linked a photo was on July 17.  I even tried any photo from a Google Search and the insert just loops.  This did not work on Java 8 Update 45 on my Win 7 or 8_51 on either Win7 or 8.1. 

I'm thinking the non photo loading from a third source, i.e. Photobucket, Fotki etc, might be a result of the new full editor posting fix. The editor may not have the ability to post a picture from a url. Only direct links from your files on computer. 

I'm thinking the non photo loading from a third source, i.e. Photobucket, Fotki etc, might be a result of the new full editor posting fix. The editor may not have the ability to post a picture from a url. Only direct links from your files on computer. 

That wouldn't be a good thing at all!  I never want to do the direct links of photos because each member has a limited storage area and needs to delete photos after a while, depending on how many photos they post over time.  That's why so many of the older threads have red Xs instead of photos.  When I post a link to my Fotki albums, I never intend to delete or move that photo so the picture will always appear in the thread.

If we had to choose one way, I'd eliminate the site storage option as most of us have online storage, and others can get it for free.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Okay. 

I have some work to do.

I'll look into this tonight.

Do you guys see the "Insert other media" grey button above the "Submit Reply" black button on the bottom of the reply to topic?

That has two options, existing attachment, and "insert image from URL"

Do they not work?

Also, I really want the image to open in a new window, not your existing one.

I have the other issues in a file to work on.

mahalo

Thanks for the bit about the phone default theme.

Didn't know that, and will try to post notice about themes also. that may  be an issue, since I did change the theme when this all started.

going bald....

arrrgggghhhh