Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barracuda....Back from the dead

I work as a delivery driver for a midwest grocery store chain delivering groceries to customers in a city of about 100,000 people.

What do I do when I need to find an address?

Get out my iphone & do a search for it?

No, I look it up on a phone book map.

Unbelievably, it still works. And rather well.

By the way, I'm a fossil too. I still have a flip phone.

I'm still of the impression that a telephone is supposed to make telephone calls. :)

Steve

I'm still of the impression that a telephone is supposed to make telephone calls.

Stop making sense (gratuitous Talking Heads reference). :)  

Using a phone to send what amounts to a letter is a pretty stupid use of what is supposed to be a mobile voice communication device. It takes longer to type out a text message than it would just calling the stronzo in the first place. Texting is why a lot Millennial yoots have zero social skills. This isn't a blanket generalization, it's a fact. No personal interaction required. Take away their phones and they're as articulate as a department store mannequin.

Ever notice that people who walk along with their heads buried in their phones while texting think they have some type of Star Trek-like deflector shield surrounding them and you are supposed to watch where they are going? I'm a two legged Death Star and they find out really fast when attempting to walk through me. Allegedly irresistible force, meet unequivocally immovable object.

Going back to why more young people aren't entering this hobby, three words: short attention spans. Model building requires one to focus his attention on the task at hand for extended periods longer than the present 8 seconds possessed by Millennials today. That's one second less than that of a goldfish. I see it every day on the subway or on the bus. A toilet plunger shaped, bedbug incubating beardo gets on and the first thing he does is pull out his iCrap toy and starts thumbing the screen in order to check whether anyone mentioned him within the last 1 1/2 minutes. He can't sit still for his two stop, three minute ride without scrolling the screen every twenty seconds. Dude, you're not that important to warrant such attention starved behavior. Don't skip your Ritalin dosage before leaving home.

If elected president, I'll sign an executive order to make selfies punishable under U.S.C. Title 18, Part II, Chapter 228.*

*Don't anybody get yer shorts bunched up. I'm kidding. Life without parole is plenty good enough. :)

P.S.

I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to derailing this thread and making it a thoroughly enjoyable trainwreck. Seriously. :)

Now, what were we talking about? 

Stop making sense (gratuitous Talking Heads reference). :)  

Using a phone to send what amounts to a letter is a pretty stupid use of what is supposed to be a mobile voice communication device. It takes longer to type out a text message than it would just calling the stronzo in the first place. Texting is why a lot Millennial yoots have zero social skills. This isn't a blanket generalization, it's a fact. No personal interaction required. Take away their phones and they're as articulate as a department store mannequin.

Ever notice that people who walk along with their heads buried in their phones while texting think they have some type of Star Trek-like deflector shield surrounding them and you are supposed to watch where they are going? I'm a two legged Death Star and they find out really fast when attempting to walk through me. Allegedly irresistible force, meet unequivocally immovable object.

Going back to why more young people aren't entering this hobby, three words: short attention spans. Model building requires one to focus his attention on the task at hand for extended periods longer than the present 8 seconds possessed by Millennials today. That's one second less than that of a goldfish. I see it every day on the subway or on the bus. A toilet plunger shaped, bedbug incubating beardo gets on and the first thing he does is pull out his iCrap toy and starts thumbing the screen in order to check whether anyone mentioned him within the last 1 1/2 minutes. He can't sit still for his two stop, three minute ride without scrolling the screen every twenty seconds. Dude, you're not that important to warrant such attention starved behavior. Don't skip your Ritalin dosage before leaving home.

If elected president, I'll sign an executive order to make selfies punishable under U.S.C. Title 18, Part II, Chapter 228.*

*Don't anybody get yer shorts bunched up. I'm kidding. Life without parole is plenty good enough. :)

P.S.

I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to derailing this thread and making it a thoroughly enjoyable trainwreck. Seriously. :)

Now, what were we talking about? 

That is the winner of my "Best Post of the Week" award.

I love it. Every word. Well done, sir! B)

BTW... I also thought a phone was supposed to be a phone. Not a device to write letters on, or watch movies, or play games. Silly me.

Remember how just a few years ago cell phones were hyped as being small? Smaller was better. Now just the opposite... the bigger the screen, the better. All these new functions and capabilities. And oh yeah, just in case you need to actually make a phone call, the thing can act as a telephone, too! I think... :rolleyes:

Here are some concept workups that look good to me...much better than the ungainly turd in the opening posts.

The yellow and red ones may be a little too Camaro-ish, but not bad overall. Apparently the plan is to market this thing world-wide, so taking a lot of unnecessary pork out of the current Challenger was the reason for going with an Alfa Romeo-derived platform.

2015-srt-barracuda-future-cars-car-and-d     29004750341_large.jpg

2016-Barracuda-Concept.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

My IPad just proved Lewis' point. It all of the sudden decided that I didn't need to see what I was typing. That's why my above entry does not looked finished. It's not. And it would not let my see the text again, when I tried in edit it! Lewis Black knows what he talking. Great video!

Here are some concept workups that look good to me...much better than the ungainly turd in the opening posts.

The yellow and red ones may be a little too Camaro-ish, but not bad overall. Apparently the plan is to market this thing world-wide, so taking a lot of unnecessary pork out of the current Challenger was the reason for going with an Alfa Romeo-derived platform. 

Come on Harry, of all cars one named for a fish should utilize the fish mouth look that seems to be the in look right now. Needs more of a fish tail out back too.

Apoligies for my lack of photoshop skills

Come on Harry, of all cars one named for a fish should utilize the fish mouth look that seems to be the in look right now. Needs more of a fish tail out back too.

2016-Barracuda-improved_zpsxcmlzxg5.jpg

Apoligies for my lack of photoshop skills

That don't look like no barrycuda. That there's a catfish.

flathead-2.thumb.jpg.f286d19b0f4707ab55f

You all just KNEW I'd be here for this old school, bare knuckle beat-down.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!! There is no such thing as a DODGE Barracuda. It's a NEW NAME. Please continue to do so and name it as a NEW muscle car!!!!! 

Signed

Barracuda owner

Edited by FASTBACK340

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Plymouth. Not a Cuda.

BTW, texting allows you to respond when time, or far faster than a phone call/hold/fetch person/pleasantries/back to what you were doing. 

People in business use it vastly differently than average people. 

I don't need my computer, or much of a network. I can look at Xrays, send orders, discuss case with another doc, and send a file of labs at the same time

Just like we all have friends here we've never met, I've got friends/business associates, etc. I've never met, nor emailed. A rare phone call usually when one of us is heading home from office. 

So just because you don't choose to use it, or need to use it, doesn't mean it's useless. Actually holds true for a lot of things in life. 

I love Lewis Black. My daily fix, thanks Scott. 

Edited by keyser
Lewis

Lets hope they dont turn it into a 4 banger like the dart, it needs a hemi!

Why is people seem to forget that the Dart has always just been an economy car,  not to mention that the 4 cylinder have as much, if not more pwer than the smaller 6 and 8 cylinders the old ones had<_<

Edited by Joe Handley