Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Gigahorse

Ridge Rider

So after seven hours of searching I found the exhaust pieces safely wrapped up with pieces from another project. Not sure how I did that but glad I found them. I'll share some photos of this before the body gets added. If all goes well I hope to have this done today.   

20231125_233032.jpg

20231126_001252.jpg

20231125_233111.jpg

20231126_001429.jpg

20231125_233141.jpg

20231126_001456.jpg

• Like 9

It's a bittersweet day, the Gigahorse is done. When I started this I didn't imagine it would take 8 years and over 1200 hours to complete but I guess that's part of the process of building something like this. It was a lot of fun to research and fabricate and has greatly improved my skills. Thanks for the support and encouragement along the way. There will be a lot more pictures in the Under Glass section soon. Steve    The link to Under Glass

20231129_140402.jpg

Edited by Ridge Rider
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ridge Rider said:

Thanks. It's about 13 1/2" bumper to bumper, 7" wide and 9" to top of flag. I looked a little but haven't found one yet.

I used a small aquarium to display my Star Wars Jawa Sandcrawler. It was about $20 but I had to make a top for it.  

What an epic build!   Congrats for staying with it to the end.   I know many of us loose interest to see something of this magnitude through to the end but you hung in there.   Way to go!   It's definitely an award winner at whatever contest you enter it in.   Peoples choice!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

😮 

I was always afraid that this would be one of those overly ambitious projects that fades unfinished into obscurity.

It must be a great feeling for you to have completed this glorious build.

I look forward to seeing the final photos.

David G.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 5:21 PM, Ridge Rider said:

It's a bittersweet day, the Gigahorse is done. When I started this I didn't imagine it would take 8 years and over 1200 hours to complete but I guess that's part of the process of building something like this. It was a lot of fun to research and fabricate and has greatly improved my skills. Thanks for the support and encouragement along the way. There will be a lot more pictures in the Under Glass section soon. Steve    The link to Under Glass

20231129_140402.jpg

It's been a minute since I've perused through the WIP section at any length and what do I see when I do......THIS beauty. I've been waitin' me a long time to see this one cross the finish line and buddy.....you sure did THAT with this one. I simply cannot say enough good things about this build Steve. It's been a long time comin' but you finished this one up with honors bud. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by mustang1989
  • Thanks 1