Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT and MPC new releases for 2016

gasman

.........FOR THOSE INTERESTED.....just spoke with Round2 Auto world, and as of 1 minute ago am told the MPC 69 barracuda will be released sometime in  Feb., and the USA-1 Vega is pending, but not due for awhile.......just thought I'd pass it on....the Ace.......:P

Best bet anymore is going on the Auto World Store website and babysitting the future release section. They're usually a month ahead or so - eg February's kits should be listed soon if they're not up there yet along with the single January kit the 1/32 Ranchero.

just had a look at Auto World Store under Future release and there it is 69' Barracuda &57' Chevy !

Ya know, Many years ago AMT said it was going to reissue the old Astro 1 Chevrolet show car but never did. I've always wondered what happen to it . Does anyone know is the molds were destroyed  or it was turned into something else ( can't imagine what?) I know a bunch of builders that would love to have one or two or..........:wub:

Yeah, well the new one is a definite step backwards. All Gee Whiz and Glitz, but lousy to use. Harder to see what is both New and a Kit. Too Jumbled. I dislike having to choose so many filters to try to find what I want, when the website could just be set with tabs to the categories. Another case of Too Much Show and not enough Go.

The box art for the '84 GMC is exquisite! I'm going to have to buy a couple of those to go with the 13 variations of that kit I have already... :D

My thoughts exactly and if they ever find all the inserts, to cobble together a '79 Dodge Sweptside 4x4, I'd like a similar setting.

Great work John G.!