Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT and MPC new releases for 2016

gasman

I don't see any of these listed on the Round 2 website as yet, and I'm wondering if the '70 Bonneville will have the boat kit also.

I kind of doubt the boat will appear with the Bonneville. The boat was an AMT kit just put in with MPC Bonneville that one time for Model King. I'd love to see Round 2 reissue the boat again. Preferably by itself.

Edited by unclescott58

I kind of doubt the boat will appear with the Bonneville. The boat was an AMT kit was just put in with MPC Bonneville that one time for Model King. I'd love to see Round 2 reissue the boat again. Preferably by itself.

Re-issue the boat kit by itself? That ain't gonna happen as they wouldn't sell enough kits that way.

I seem to remember that the AMT '65 Pontiac Grand Prix kit had some issues, (like it was originally-based off of another AMT Pontiac kit meaning the overall size of the kit's body was too long), or something like that.  Does the MPC '70 Pontiac Bonneville kit have any know "issues" or is it a pretty good overall representation of the 1:1?

I seem to remember that the AMT '65 Pontiac Grand Prix kit had some issues, (like it was originally-based off of another AMT Pontiac kit meaning the overall size of the kit's body was too long), or something like that.  Does the MPC '70 Pontiac Bonneville kit have any know "issues" or is it a pretty good overall representation of the 1:1?

You may be thinking of the 2+2 that was a modification of the Bonneville kit. The Grand Prix hasn't had any major modifications other than (IIRC) in the original kit the headlights had separate clear lenses and all the reissues had them molded in (did they use the promo part?).

I'm looking forward to the '70 Bonneville and '67 Impala.  I will get a couple of the 84 GMCs, and probably grab a GP too.  

Is this the whole year's list, or just the first quarter?  AMT might bankrupt me in 2016!  (Although Moebius will get their fair share too!)

Good call on Round 2's part on the Model A.  They'll sell plenty to people looking to kitbash them with the new Revell releases, and vice versa - good for both companies.

Lots of other stuff I'm Iiking here: '70 Bonneville, '84 GMC, and '65 Bonneville were all kits I missed out on previously.  I've heard that the '75 Corvette also has a great set of bare rally wheels (no trim rings or center caps), but I've never seen pics to confirm.  Anyone know for sure?  If so, I'm in for one of those, too.  (I know the AMT 1970 Vette also has a set, but the slots aren't correct and they're not deep enough)

So after doing a little research, I can see that both of those Pontiac kits, (AMT '65 Grand Prix and MPC '70 Bonneville), look like highly-potential future purchases.  One question tho; I have never really cared for most of the suspension components molded directly into the main chassis piece as it looks like both of these kits have.  Any suggestions for more-detailed 1/25 replacement chassis pieces, (and the kits they'd come from), that would be appropriate to go underneath either one of these big Ponchos?

Good call on Round 2's part on the Model A.  They'll sell plenty to people looking to kitbash them with the new Revell releases, and vice versa - good for both companies.

Lots of other stuff I'm Iiking here: '70 Bonneville, '84 GMC, and '65 Bonneville were all kits I missed out on previously.  I've heard that the '75 Corvette also has a great set of bare rally wheels (no trim rings or center caps), but I've never seen pics to confirm.  Anyone know for sure?  If so, I'm in for one of those, too.  (I know the AMT 1970 Vette also has a set, but the slots aren't correct and they're not deep enough)

But which Model A?  The MPC '29 Station wagon/roadster pickup has been done to death--hope they mis-ID'd the long wanted '28 Model A Ford Tudor!

Why not? Revell keeps reissuing the Hemi-Hydro. There must be a market for that. So why not AMT's speed boat?

You couldn't give me a Revell Hemi-Hydro kit as the hull and trailer scales out to 'bout 1/20th scale. Revell can afford to re-issue that kit probably because they have a ton of them in stock. Check out some of the contest coverage in the model magazines and count how many Hemi-Hydros you see. Also do the same with some of the contest/shows in your area as well.

I kind of doubt the boat will appear with the Bonneville. The boat was an AMT kit was just put in with MPC Bonneville that one time for Model King. I'd love to see Round 2 reissue the boat again. Preferably by itself.

The boat was in the AMT Bonneville original release, and was reintroduced in the Model King reissue, but all the other reissues didn't include it, but it wasn't a '70  was it? I thought it was an earlier year.