1. 1. Group 1

• Helix - Dodge Ram 50 1Helix_zpstuli6lxf.jpg
    • Christian-W - 64 Mini 2Christian-W_zpsjpy605qw.jpg
    • Dominik - 66 VW Bug 3Dominik_zpsapq98vgn.jpg
    • Rotorbolt73 - 76 Chevy Caprice 4Rotorbolt73_zpsjbfiv34m.jpg
    • NONE%20OF%20THE%20ABOVE_zps7qpv5isn.jpg
  2. 2. Group 2

• Jantrix - 77 Pacer wagon 5Jantrix_zpscwsxbbpu.jpg
    • Chunkypeanutbutter - International Scout chunkypeanutbutter_zpshnwpyxpj.jpg
    • Dragfreak - '64 Fairlane T-bolt Dragfreak_zps3laidc6i.jpg
    • Vekasiini - Delahaye 135 vekasiini_zps6slaijbd.jpg
  3. 3. Group 3

• Foxer - Ferrari 250 GTO Foxer_zpsdiae14pv.jpg
    • Pat Minarick - Smartcar Pat%20Minarick_zpsnaawkkqi.jpg
    • Wrecker388 - 92 Cougar XR7 wrecker388_zpsoo0lv5vl.jpg
    • DeeCee - 40 Sedan delivery DeeCee_zps61pwje2h.jpg
  4. 4. Group 4

• Zenrat - Chevy Citation Zenrat_zpsqzuo6bnt.jpg
    • 001slick001 - Toyota Yaris 001slick001_zpsicqzkkfs.jpg
    • meatman - 71 Nissan 2000 GT-R MeatMan_zpsjm7iipby.jpg
    • Pim - 82 Datsun 720 pickup Pim_zpsdh4vgjfc.jpg
  5. 5. Group 5

• TFchronos - 64 Dodge Wagon TFchronos_JonathanMason_zpsmp8x4bgc.jpg
    • Belugawrx - 62 Impala Belugawrx_zpsem8hfimo.jpg
    • Bill_67 - 72 Blazer Bill_67_BillKreger_zpstu0y7svf.jpg
    • Lunajammer - PT Cruiser Lunajammer_zpshqcco1lk.jpg
  6. 6. Group 6

Vote%20Banner_zpsvd3d3lk8.jpg

The voting function doesn't allow 22 choices for one question so it's broken down into groups. Vote for one model of your choice. All other groups please vote "None of the above."

Please visit the Completed Builds thread here. Make your choice of one model, then come back here, vote for that model and "None of the above" for the other groups in which your choice does not appear. Models have been listed in the order in which they were completed. All members are encouraged to vote regardless of whether you participated in the CBP.

The theme this year was Sleepers. Builders were invited to build a car that is not normally considered fast and make it fast without altering its appearance that might give it away. OR If the car IS normally thought of as fast, it should appear in such poor condition as to not draw suspicion or attention. Have fun and thank you for your participation.

Edited by Lunajammer

A question on the criteria to vote on.

As I understand the Cannonball is a coast-to-coast race, and these vehicles are built specifically to compete in this race. 

Should I factor in which vehicle I believe have a fair chance of actually winning the race (as in being able to travel the distance at elevated speeds), in addition to the above mentioned criteria?

As I understand the Cannonball is a coast-to-coast race, and these vehicles are built specifically to compete in this race. 

Should I factor in which vehicle I believe have a fair chance of actually winning the race (as in being able to travel the distance at elevated speeds), in addition to the above mentioned criteria?

Fundamentally yes. But to keep it fun and engaging each builder decides how much creative liberty to allow and let the chips fall where they may. I would say vote your conscience according what each builder has presented.

I suggest a combination of which one you think would do best in the actual race and which one you wish you had built.  How you apportion those two criteria is up to you.

In my case there is one build which as soon as I saw it finished I thought "Dang, wish i'd built that.  Its perfect".  It also happens to be one that I think could do well in reality.

Yep, what Dennis said,...

You guys did a great job on organizing the whole thing and the polling etc.

It was lot's-O- fun,....So what's the theme next year!:D

Can't wait to give 'er for 2 1/2 months,... let it stew for 6-7 months, and then go ape blah for the last 1 1/2 months:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers everyone who entered.

There have been several voters who have voted incorrectly and voted for more than just one car. I've contacted them and requested each to correct their selections. I'm checking with Harry and Gregg if that former option is still available.

Edited by Lunajammer

Of the 3 years that I have participated in this CBP (this is the 1st year I actually finished) , this is by far the best field of racers we have had. I personally had a very hard time voting for just 1 build, because there were so many great builds. I want to offer my congratulations in advance to whoever the winner may be. I knew that I didn't hardly stand a chance once I saw all of the great WIPs being posted. I think I finished mine within a month, and it looks like dog poo.  Other builders here started theirs with less than a month remaining and created astounding results. Even if I had spent the whole year working on my Cougar it wouldn't even begin to stack up to the competition. I want to offer my kudos to everybody who participated this year. I can't wait for next years run to start, and look forward to "racing" you all again.

Edited by wrecker388

There have been several voters who have voted incorrectly and voted for more than just one car. I've contacted them and requested each to correct their selections. I'm checking with Harry and Gregg if that former option is still available.

I would like to know if this is possible, I voted the same way as last year, and didn't read the post until after voting. :rolleyes:

Congratulations TFChronos and DeeCee for tying for top honors in the 2015 Cannonball Run Sleeperball. Jonathan's Dodge wagon was every bit the sly-as-a-fox beater you'd expect to see in a devious race. And Dale's 40 Sedan Delivery was engineered to the nines with spectacular results. Jantrix's Pacer wagon came in third with a very respectable effort on an interesting and seldom seen subject.

With Rob's blessing we're closing the polls after two weeks and popping corks in Redondo Beach. This was one of the most competitive Cannonballs I can remember and a hard one vote on but the attitude and spirit of the participants continues to prove that the modelers in this CBP are some of the best bunch of scofflaws on the net. Well done my friends. See you in Oz.

Congratulations guys.  A good race and the best cars won.

FWIW the car that I thought was perfect and which I wish i'd though of is Lunajammers Audi powered PT Cruiser.  It looks so boring and ordinary that no cop in their right mind would suspect it.  Plus its got woodgrain panels!

Congratulations TFChronos and DeeCee for tying for top honors in the 2015 Cannonball Run Sleeperball. Jonathan's Dodge wagon was every bit the sly-as-a-fox beater you'd expect to see in a devious race. And Dale's 40 Sedan Delivery was engineered to the nines with spectacular results. Jantrix's Pacer wagon came in third with a very respectable effort on an interesting and seldom seen subject.

With Rob's blessing we're closing the polls after two weeks and popping corks in Redondo Beach. This was one of the most competitive Cannonballs I can remember and a hard one vote on but the attitude and spirit of the participants continues to prove that the modelers in this CBP are some of the best bunch of scofflaws on the net. Well done my friends. See you in Oz.

Honestly guys, I'm very happy to take third in group of really amazing builds. Congrats to TFChronos and DeeCee. Top marks on the work gents.