Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "Little T" X 3.....

RatRod

I finally finished this part of my "Little T" project!!! Ever since I got my hands on an original 1964 Little T, and restored it, I always wanted one each of the three options included in the original kit. Well, I had a molded in yellow turtle deck from a 1970 Sweet T, then acquired an original oval tank & mount, plus an original set of headers, and mufflers from a member here (Thanks John!!!) So, to make things even better Revell reissued the Ford T Street Rod (what's left of the Little T) plus the Blue Bandito......Game on!!! This project took two T kits, two Blue Bandito's, two '30 woody's, and a Lil Coffin to complete. The ironic part is that these all could have been done in '64, as all these parts were available!!!

I love the red original but, the green really pops and my favorite color blue. What a collection! You must really love this kit.  I bought an original one at a swap with the windshield frame missing and now have a newer issue found on eBay. Then came the latest release (I have not purchased) and still I have no original decals.  Wish I could build one as nice as any of yours. Nice job.

Great looking trio there!

I wish that the latest re-issue built up that nicely.I had a problem with the split steering knuckles in that the two halves wouldn't fit together when they were put over the nubs on the end of the axle even after enlarging the holes in the knuckle parts. Also, the headers are diabolical to install unless they're pinned.Old tooling?Poor design? I don't know.I'm still thinking about buying another kit because maybe I got a bad one the first time.

Thanks a bunch fellas!!!

Bernard, the headers on the green car were scratch built based on the ones from the 1/8 Big Rod, and took three attempts to get right!

Tony, the red car is an original '64 kit, the clones are based on the latest reissues, with some unique original parts. Yes the steering parts are a real pain, but will work with a little effort. This poor kit has kind of been through a lot over the years with lots of reissues. There is a ton of flash, and fitment problems, but still builds up pretty good!!!