Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 65 Belvedere I

Dave Metzner

The second Moebius '65 Plymouth - a Belvedere I sedan will be on the boat with our new Batmobile - should leave around the end of January. This is a 2 door sedan with a 426 wedge - it's a 4 speed car and includes parts to build a Max Wedge engine. tires are new street radials with a pair of drag radials as well - the kit also includes both steel wheels and dog-dish hub caps as well as a set of mag wheels.

The second Moebius '65 Plymouth - a Belvedere I sedan will be on the boat with our new Batmobile - should leave around the end of January. This is a 2 door sedan with a 426 wedge - it's a 4 speed car and includes parts to build a Max Wedge engine. tires are new street radials with a pair of drag radials as well - the kit also includes both steel wheels and dog-dish hub caps as well as a set of mag wheels.

So glad to see it coming, but the tire choice is a HUGE disappointment as I assume these same tires will be in said upcoming Melrose Missle kit .

Good to hear! I've held back on buying Moebius kits, but I really want this one to convert to a 4-door Chicago police car. Will it have a bench seat?

Chris,

I don't how Chicago PD equipped there cars in back then but I can say that the Plymouth Belvedere Police Package was available with bucket seats on both the 2 Door and 4 Door sedans in '65.   I'm already working on 65 Plymouth Belvedere 2 Door State Patrol car based on this kit and I will be using the bucket seats.

Steve  

Thanks Dave

I hate to keep being a negative nelly. And I really want this kit much more so than the hardtop.

But as far as I know NO 426 wedge ( max or otherwise )  ever used the large oval  air cleaner shown. and on a RB series engine,,,,Chrome valve covers were 426 street wedge only

The oval air cleaner is 426 Hemi Only

Edited by gtx6970