Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model building season is coming to a end

• 1 month later...

Interesting. I wasn't aware there was a "season". I've always worked on whatever I wanted whenever I felt like it...and had the time.

I'm buried under paperwork that has to be done by tomorrow, Monday, as well as extensive parts research for a real mechanical restoration project. 

Maybe I'll have time next week. :mellow:

Having to make a living can really get in the way of playtime.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Oh I remember Going the IPMS nats in Phoenix some time back and was walking from the restaurant(or was it the bar, I can't remember) at 11 at night and it was 113 out.  That is what keeps me in SoCal.  ;);)

Yes, the late night still in the 100 degree range does suck very much

Edited by martinfan5

There hasn't been a model building season here for a long time!  Since the first of the year it was NNL East planning and working long hours and weekends in the office. I'm part of a global software deployment, that goes live on the 22nd.  Yea, that's a Sunday.  We'll be in the war room 24/7 that weekend, and until we are sure we're up and running.

"Modeling Season" is a figment of our imagination, it's all about priorities and what you want to do, there's just more outside activities/resposibilities available when it warms up.

Yea, I feel guilty if I work on models during daylight hours during the summer!  It's a combination of  "there must be a job I should be doing"  to  "I'm paying big money to maintain this friggin pool, so I'd better use it!"  

"Modeling Season" is a figment of our imagination, it's all about priorities and what you want to do, there's just more outside activities/resposibilities available when it warms up.

Complete opposite here, when it warms up, I keep my butt inside,  its not very fun being out in 110-120 temp doing stuff .

• 5 months later...