Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey all, I just built this little camper from styrene sheets and some plywood and balsa. The sides are grooved siding sheet, and the curved top is .010" styrene over balsa spars. I used the trailer tongue, axle, and jack from the Revell midget racer trailer. Window frames are .080" styrene angle. Clear styrene windows have paper curtains printed from online. Propane bottle is the head from a Lego man. Parts box wheels (VW) and taillights. There's no interior detail (I'm lazy!). I plan to make a campground diorama to display this and two other teardrop models I made. This was a fun build, and I hope you like it!

25773466902_200c85d4bc_z.jpg

25868357596_32a2ab45ae_z.jpg

25261551614_dd9bec2de1_z.jpg

25593939350_dbfbdfd55f_z.jpg

Under construction pic. Balsa spars.

25773452772_8452b84fb2_z.jpg

Edited by Sixties Sam

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for sharing this great little trailer build!I love these early ":canned ham"as they were often called.Also appreciate you showing the under construction photos.Who knows this might just inspire some others to add one to their "gotta build"list of things to do.Great subject choice and attention to detail.

Thanks, all, for the compliments! The build was fun, and not very hard to do. BTW, the trailer is not a model of any real trailer. It's my own design, based on photos from online. My campground diorama will have this trailer and a teardrop with tow vehicles, and a bed-mounted camper in a Dodge A-100 pickup.

Sam

thanks for sharing this great little trailer build!I love these early ":canned hams"as they were often called.Also appreciate you showing the under construction photos.Who knows this might just inspire some others to add one to their "gotta build"list of things to do.Great subject choice and attention to detail.

• 2 months later...