Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Pretty much the same ho-hum stuff. I was expecting a ton of new Revell merch, but our store was all the stuff posted above - nothing that interested me, even for $10. I can see these NASCAR kits going for $5 at a hobby show pretty soon.  

I wonder what is going to happen to all the Hobbico stuff -  it must be sitting around somewhere, 

Funny story for you guys.  When heard Ollie's got the Chase Elliott NASCAR kits was like alright i have to get there now.  That was 9-15-18.  I went to my local Ollie's and they had nothing of that. But i did get 5 Duster race cars.  I was going on vacation to Toronto the next week so started calling all the stores from Ohio, NW PA, and NY looking for the Chase Elliott kits. All of them had nothing.  After my vacation (9-22-18) I hit all the Ollie's anyway. Niagara, Buffalo, Hamburg, Dunkirk, and Erie PA.  By the time we made it to Ohio the stores are closed.  It was a long ride home but i got a lot.  More dusters, few ambulance vans, couple 72 challenges, danica kit, couple 71 t-bird's, and i did find 2 Elliott kits buried. The next day i called around to some stores and found six an hour away.  I drove there and got them that night along with a couple Mod Rods.  

Edited by suprafastcelica

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, suprafastcelica said:

...More dusters, few ambulance vans...

Duster and ambulance van? Thanks, that's the first I've heard of those at Ollie's.  Is the ambulance the Chevy van released a couple of years ago, molded in red or white?  I'm guessing Ollie's got all red ones, like they got all orange '40 Ford Art Box kits.  Not a big deal, worth $10 for the gurney and other ambulance parts. Also guessing that's the old MPC '75 Duster also released not long ago, with the figure etc.???

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

Duster and ambulance van? Thanks, that's the first I've heard of those at Ollie's.  Is the ambulance the Chevy van released a couple of years ago, molded in red or white?  I'm guessing Ollie's got all red ones, like they got all orange '40 Ford Art Box kits.  Not a big deal, worth $10 for the gurney and other ambulance parts. Also guessing that's the old MPC '75 Duster also released not long ago, with the figure etc.???

yes the chevy van is red. not sure if i will us the accessories or not.  the duster is the circle track race car. 

A couple of Revell NASCARS at mine today, nothing else new. But I'm checking back every week. 

They still have a tall stack of the AMT Piranhas. Image what those would have been worth on eBay 10 or 20 years ago! (I already have 3, which should last me a lifetime.)

G-r-r-r! Went to the Ollie's again in Anderson, SC, today.  Still nothing new, same as last week: '75 Corvettes, '71 T-Birds, some NASCAR kits, "Art Box" Piranha, Stroker McGurk. Was hoping for a refresh.  The only other Ollie's in this area is about 50 miles away but I may have to try it next week.

Nothing Clearance Priced or really new at the Hobby Lobby in Anderson, either.  One weird thing:  the HL in Easley, SC has had the Revell '85 Olds 442 for weeks.  The stores in Anderson and Seneca SC still don't have it.

Also hit a huge weekly flea market today, but found nothing kit-related.  Just a gaggle of die-casts, mostly NASCAR. Shrug.  That's the way it goes, feast or famine...