Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dino 206 Competizione part deux

aurfalien

Hi,

I really liked doing my first Dino 206 kit but it got sorta messed up.  So I bought another one.

I had some issues with it though, mainly in finishing.  I forgot to drill the side mirror holes and decided to glue em on the painted body.  Not wanting to mess up the paint, I cut little base plates and glued them on there.  However I didn't align em with each other so its a bit cattywampus, kinda like a bad boob job :)

Also, I've been terrified doing spray paint and this was the first kit I actually started to enjoy spraying.  One of the many Yodas frequenting this forum mentioned knowing how there paint was going to turn out before spraying.  I thought "wow how cool would that be".

While model building is still very new to me, its getting more and more fun.

IMG_1750_zpsht3g9bpb.jpg

IMG_1749_zpsi2lqlcwj.jpg

IMG_1748_zpszsuju9ct.jpg

IMG_1747_zpsc8j5wje1.jpg

IMG_1746_zpsns1dldhe.jpg

IMG_1745_zpsuuff7gkq.jpg

IMG_1744_zps2yjj9oxe.jpg

IMG_1743_zpsoeaqzomk.jpg

IMG_1742_zpspmeyr422.jpg

IMG_1741_zpsgxolufa8.jpg

IMG_1740_zpsscamkcuh.jpg

IMG_1739_zpslvmlvuin.jpg

IMG_1738_zpslhzpnozh.jpg

Edited by aurfalien

BEAUTIFUL! I love it! :wub:

The only thing I mighta done differently is paint around the edge of the glass (and headlight covers) with a black sharpie. It takes away some of the scale thickness of the glass. I understand though about not tempting fate..........been there and done that many times!

BEAUTIFUL! I love it! :wub:

The only thing I mighta done differently is paint around the edge of the glass (and headlight covers) with a black sharpie. It takes away some of the scale thickness of the glass. I understand though about not tempting fate..........been there and done that many times!

That's a great idea, thanks!  I'll do that next time.

Nice model of a good looking car.  Good Job!

Who makes the kit?

It's a Fujimi.  They make 2 versions; a 206 Competizione and a Dino Wolf.  This is the latter w/o the Wolf decals.

Edited by aurfalien

Lovely job... You can see how it's the "missing link" between the 250LM and 330P, can't you?

bestest,

M.

Yep, it's prolly what draws me to it as I love both those cars.  This kit is worth getting and even more worth full detailing.

Nice build, Brian!  Great pictures too.

I waited a week for the light to be, well not as bad as its been.  My iPhone 6 as with all camera phones have poor light gathering capabilities.

I'm already finding ways to make this kit way better but I must move on, seriously.  But I wanna keep buying it.

Beautiful . The street Dino was a V6. Did Ferrari manage to squeeze  a V8 into a Race Dino?

Well, you'll notice that its transverse, the original kit has small plastic integrated stacks.  I drilled em out, drilled the aluminum ones I had and put a small brass pipe in each.

Keep in mind this is the Fujimi Wolf Dino based on some anime.

Here is what it looked like;

Hi,

I really liked doing my first Dino 206 kit but it got sorta messed up.  So I bought another one.

I had some issues with it though, mainly in finishing.  I forgot to drill the side mirror holes and decided to glue em on the painted body.  Not wanting to mess up the paint, I cut little base plates and glued them on there.  However I didn't align em with each other so its a bit cattywampus, kinda like a bad boob job :)

Also, I've been terrified doing spray paint and this was the first kit I actually started to enjoy spraying.  One of the many Yodas frequenting this forum mentioned knowing how there paint was going to turn out before spraying.  I thought "wow how cool would that be".

While model building is still very new to me, its getting more and more fun.

IMG_1750_zpsht3g9bpb.jpg

IMG_1749_zpsi2lqlcwj.jpg

IMG_1748_zpszsuju9ct.jpg

IMG_1747_zpsc8j5wje1.jpg

IMG_1746_zpsns1dldhe.jpg

IMG_1745_zpsuuff7gkq.jpg

IMG_1744_zps2yjj9oxe.jpg

IMG_1743_zpsoeaqzomk.jpg

IMG_1742_zpspmeyr422.jpg

IMG_1741_zpsgxolufa8.jpg

IMG_1740_zpsscamkcuh.jpg

IMG_1739_zpslvmlvuin.jpg

IMG_1738_zpslhzpnozh.jpg

Excellent job!!, love all the extras you added! only takes a little bit to make it stand out -doing great work -keep it up!!