Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is my completed build from the "All The Rest - Part 2" Community Build.

Armor modelers always seem to depict our vehicles as used and abused. Heavily weathered with a "to hell and back" look. Well I went the other way. This is a brand new M4A3 Sherman on it's way to being shipped overseas. 

The tank is a Tamiya kit modified to look right off the line, no tools, no tow cables, no crew gear. BMF was used to replicate the sealing material. I scratchbuilt the shipping crate and the entire section of the railroad flat car . 

G

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. I always thought a cool diorama would be an assembly line of 4-6 war vehicles (trucks, planes, tanks or whatever) in various states of assembly in a factory setting. Would make a very nice, albeit large, display.

Very nice. I always thought a cool diorama would be an assembly line of 4-6 war vehicles (trucks, planes, tanks or whatever) in various states of assembly in a factory setting. Would make a very nice, albeit large, display.

If I had the room to place the finished piece, it would already have been built!

Very unique subject. Well done. Is the 'green tape' also, BMF?

The green tape is Tamiya tape cut into thin strips to better replicate scale "speed tape". I wanted to create a visual difference between the sealant material, a form of "plastic" sheet, and the fabric tape. 

Thank you all for the comments!

G