Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 roadster with a twist, trim?

exesivefire

Somewhere in my rebuilding the bed 100 times it was off a bit front to back. In hindsight I probably could have started over but I just fixed this one again. In fact most of the stuff I did over the past few days was just redoing stuff. If it's worth doing it's worth doing over till I think it's right? In addition to the bed I also cut down another grille shell, and robbed the wheels from a 30 kit (thanks to Tim Boyd for pointing me in the right direction) 

i did however fill the stock rear door line and door handle hole 8B5C41D6-802D-492E-A56B-8A86B2751852_zps

Mocked back up with what should be the final wheel and tire combo. The spinners should really set them off. Also note I'm going to do something with that windshield frame. It's too tall as is ED80DA72-3C1A-486E-A0DE-E2CC4A57910D_zps

212167FC-7CB1-4809-AFBC-DEBD33400F4A_zps

In addition to squaring up the bed, I also raised it a tad. A927E83E-4481-4D3B-9A1A-F7DA2B1D399A_zps

Edited by exesivefire

Funny how the smallest things can throw you off. Fixing things that are not right or even starting over is a great way to discover how not to do something. I'm sure you'll get it right Andy. 

yeah.. I've also discovered taking a lot of pictures helps. You would be amazed at what the camera captures that I completely miss with my own two eyes.

You're making it look easy even if it's not.   You have a very keen eye for perfection.  I love the stance along with many other aspects of the car.  cheers, tim

I really appreciate that!

I think this is the first version of this kit that I like, I don't find the stock kit attractive at all.

funny, I don't like the look of the stock kit either, but I own 3 of them anyway. There are some great parts in there! 

Edited by exesivefire

Started replacing that upper body line, I used a piece of .060 half round and wrapped it around the upper edge of the body.

Then I sanded the face down to square it off a bit, and brought the back of the cab down to meet with the body line I created. 

Need to score that rear door line, fill some obvious imperfections and I can probably move onto primer. I hope..

What a community this is.. James2 found out I was on the hunt for a Revell 409. Not only did he have one he said I could have, he goes out of his way and hand delivers it to my work! 

I had to rush home and mock it up and make sure it will fit. Good thing I didn't plan on a hood or sides huh? 

IMG_0777.JPG

So the 409 is too big.. just not enough room. Since I decided I can't use that I went a completely different direction and started on the interior, specifically the dash. I had an idea in my head centered around a large gauge that was well.. centered. That's where I had to start.

Whittled a piece of aluminum and carefully cut the lense off one of those googly eyes from the craft store. 

Then I drew up a face in illustrator and printed it on photo paper. Looks good to me!

Starting the dash..

I'm happy with that.

Up to this point everything's looking very good.  It's too bad the 409 won't work out for you...any thoughts on which direction you'll go from this point???  The dash and your single gauge in the center is awesome!!! ????????