Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 roadster with a twist, trim?

exesivefire

Outstanding scratch building as always.

You and ya mate Eric are among my favourite builders to watch on this forum. Always doing unique subjects with impressive imagineering that set you apart from the crowd.

thanks! I'm very lucky to have a friend like Eric for many reasons (awww) but in this respect it does tend to push me to go just that much farther and see what I can do. Especially when we build the same kit. 

Very inspiring scratchery.

thanks! 

• Like 1

I missed this one up 'til now. Pretty slick, pretty trick.   :D

thank you! 

All I can say is I'm glad to see you can't leave well enough alone..... Great work!!!!!!

thanks!!

Cool. Looks a little like the front from the pickup named loaded from a few years back.

there is a very good reason for that, that car is my inspiration for this one! 

It's funny you bring that up, because last night I was sitting her staring at this thing trying to figure out what was still off about this. While I'm not building a replica, that car has a "look" and I was having trouble capturing it. So I started studying photos and I finally figured it out, the belt line creates a wedge shape. It's really apparent in this photo. 

So last night I channeled my inner "Eric" and played with some photo editing. It's not great but it helps prove the point before I start cutting 

There are a few ways I can attack this, and I'll probably plan it out a bit better than I did that grille shell. ^_^

You've hit on one of the things that sometimes hangs me up on a build too. Getting that specific "look" just right can be elusive, and it often takes exactly what you've done to figure out what is off. Nice going here, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress. Your inspiration car is pretty cool, and looks to be very well built and finished...and drivable, from all appearances.

Which brings up another thought. The rat-rod movement is in large part responsible for popularizing the exaggerated proportions of that car (which were seen occasionally back in the wayback on 'traditional" cars too). That's a good thing.

This is shaping up to be one great model.  

• Like 1

You are right in that the "rat rod" movement inspiring some radical proportions, that's exactly what draws me to this and other builds like it. I have planed in my head a "shiny" version of the 32 5 window I completed last year. 

The 1:1 inspirational vehicle is just that, very inspiring.. upon looking up pictures and what they did to get the look they deployed some interesting yet functional ideas. A few of which I will be trying to apply here.

again not going for a replica, but don't be surprised if I even use the brown color here. It just works 

Outstanding scratch building as always.

You and ya mate Eric are among my favourite builders to watch on this forum. Always doing unique subjects with impressive imagineering that set you apart from the crowd.

couldnt agree more, I like the fact you both use as much imagination, as you do all these computer gadgets !

Your little pickup looks great, the inspiration pic is just stunning !   I kinda really like that black n white picture, the way it makes the whole car baremetal , thought of doing it like that ??

couldnt agree more, I like the fact you both use as much imagination, as you do all these computer gadgets !

Your little pickup looks great, the inspiration pic is just stunning !   I kinda really like that black n white picture, the way it makes the whole car baremetal , thought of doing it like that ??

I'm pretty sure that's an in progress picture of it in bare metal. 

I promiced myself I would paint it 

Well I'm committed now! Started by removing the upper body line 

Used masking tape as my line and started by filling the front corner 

After a bunch of trimming, filling and sanding.. 

And mocked back up after making both sides match. 

I probably got a little carried away and went a bit too far towards the front, but i think I can level it out a bit and bring the back down a touch anyway. Then I'll move forward and rebuild that upper body line. 

I do think it looks better though! 

thanks! I'm very lucky to have a friend like Eric for many reasons (awww) but in this respect it does tend to push me to go just that much farther and see what I can do. Especially when we build the same kit. 

thanks! 

awwwwwwwweeee.... hahaha;)  Thanks buddy! Same to you.

That did the trick!   and i don't think its too much, looks pretty darn good to me.