Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 Larbre Competition Corvette C7R

Jhedir6

Starting this new build this week. Going to be pretty much OOB with the exception of the decals. I'll be using Patto's Place decals.

So starting with this kit I picked up at HL on my trip over the border this weekend, 

20170909_1654170_zpsd8rtsp5g.jpg

And adding Patto's Place decals (this is an early shot of the sheet, Bruce has corrected some of the missing decals already)

CrvetteC7R-Larbre-LM17-24_zpstahcgj6o.jp

And in hopes, we'll end up with something that looks like this

VSA_FIAWEC_TLM17_SP1_9067_zpsp4v7g24j.jp

Bruce's decals are designed for his slot car bodies he makes, so here's hoping that they'll fit the Revell kit. He's scaling it to 1/25 scale and the decals have been ordered so I have about 2 weeks to get the body prepped and ready to decal. I have the next couple days off so I'm hoping to get a good jump on the chassis today. I lightly started this kit early this morning after getting home from work, so I'll post some progress pics later this morning. Now it's time for some sleep.

Thanks for the replies boys. Yes the decals look insane. Here's hoping they fit ok. I ordered a second set just in case I need to piece in some gaps.

Small update, I filled in the hood opening, I think I made it a bit too big and will likely scale it back a touch. Other than that all I've done is dry fit many of the parts. I've read some fitment issues in other's builds and wanted to check out what needed to be massaged before painting. So right now I have the interior mostly done, no seat or details but they dont effect the fit of the body to chassis, dash and windscreen are in place as is the motor and airbox......and as luck would have it...it all fits just fine. Hopefully paint wont effect the clearances but so far I look to be ok. 

Mock up:

20170913_111411_zpsn1dizwnr.jpg

I have the day off today again, so after getting my yard work done, I'm hoping to get onto primer and paint tonight and then let it all set up while I wait for decals to arrive.

Thanks for the replies guys...I have a couple days off so going to try to get the body done by Wednesday.

Small update on the Vette. Long work weekend and didnt get much time at the bench, but I did get a couple things done. Wheels are painted, detail painting to follow tonight. Hoping to get the decals done as well. I did manage to get the leader lights drilled out on the doors and I still have to cut out openings for the tow hooks, and roof antennas. I also drilled out a hole for the rear camera/radar system but still have to figure out how I'm going to scratch that up.

More to follow later tonight.

21587241_469798786734931_197189269856526

Edited by Jhedir6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a few hectic weeks around here, I finally got some time, and interest in sitting back down at the bench and working on this. Body was painted white and decaling has begun.

Slow going but its a start. They dont line up 100% so I'm going to have to figure out how to fill in the blanks.

Roof.

20171017_020756_zpskzorobv6.jpg

And a side...

20171017_035123_zpsukzi04tq.jpg

For the most part, they line up OK, but over the rear wheel you can see how short they are. 

20171017_035123_zpsukzi04tq.jpg

I've got the bulk of the body decals done, now, just need to take some more pics.

More later tonight. Thanks for looking in.

Bulk of the decals are done. There are some fitment issues. I have a few areas I'll have to figure out how to extend. I did buy another set of decals, just incase but I'm going to try and figure something else out first before cutting up a second set.

For now, the nearly completed body. I still have to do the wing and mirrors. Hopefully I'll get some time later today for those parts.

20171017_210158_zpsnvlysymk.jpg

20171017_210303_zpsoufmm6cp.jpg

20171017_210316_zps0vkhn0t6.jpg

20171017_210330_zpsxg5mrcb7.jpg

More later tonight.

Spent some time today filling in the missing areas of the wrap. After a trip to Michael's, I came home with these 

50362261_zpskm257lcm.jpg

And after a few hours of work, as well as some Vallejo black, I'm sitting here

20171019_142240_zpso0qboua5.jpg

20171019_142254_zps8rpqrpld.jpg

20171019_142310_zps80m603iv.jpg

Still more minor touch ups to go. As well as some more small decals but overall I'm pretty happy with were I'm at right now.

Thanks for looking in, 

More tomorrow.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...