Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

Little late for announcements time wise, but it seems to me the NNL East is the place to go to see all the manufacturers there with all the latest and greatest stuff. For the past three NNL Easts in a row I've been to, I got to see all things new up close and personal, and also what's to be coming later in the year.

Not to mention, the company heads are there and you can let them know first hand what you'd like to see. In a nice way of course!

Ed Sexton comes to mind as he was more than willing to listen to suggestions, and then there's that "Wish List" that I've seen for the last three years at the Revell stand, and I've posted here.

I'd like to see Revell tool up a '67 SS/RS Camaro. 

They have it. That's what the Nickey is. Well, you might have to swap on the stock hood and do a little other minor kitbashing, but it can be done.

I'd much rather see them FIX the front and rear ends of that Camaro before they issue any more variants of it. :(

Quite looking forward to the 1965 El Camino (hopefully it'll have the camper and the shell in this release !) and the D-50 Pickup (last time I built one of those was in 1983 ... while watching Swamp Thing on HBO !) .

Too bad --- crying shame , actually --- about the tooling for the 1971 Road Runner :( ... that's one of my faves .

1957 , 1970 , and 1976 Rancheros would be awesome !

Seems like Revell has started to go to the NNL in Atlanta instead.  It's right around the time they'd be announcing the 1Q 2018 stuff anyways.

Revell was not at Atlanta last year and won't be there this year. Looks to me like the only shows the "big 3" will be attending w/any regularity will be the NNL in Detroit and NNL East. Toledo vendor area was way too quiet this year.

Yeah, last few years Round2 and Revellogram have gotten away from announcing anything more than 6 months in advance. Ever since the RCHTA show went away, where they used to make an entire years worth of announcements. They also probably got tired of hearing the complaints from people when something was "late" Now they don't announce until something is well though development and tooling. While there are still occasional delays, it's nothing like it used to be

I find it increasingly difficult to obtain new model kits.
This might not be such a big issue West of Ireland, but here in Yeeropp it certainly is.
For a while I thought the problem is limited to Britain, but recent trips to France and Germany
revealed that kits are extremely difficult to find there, too.

I've been to several toy and model shops, some really big ones among them and although
they were well stocked with diecasts and railway models, there weren't any plastic kits.
I came home from France without a single heller kit, would you believe it now.

I mean, buying reissues online is no big deal, you know what's inside, but new kits?

So not only am I left in the dark of what will be available until shortly before it's being released,
which makes budgeting rather difficult, nor can I then actually find the stuff anywhere.

Well, while we're at it....................

1977OldsCutlassboxart.thumb.jpg.1efa5cfd

Since this is a HUGE pipe dream, I do have most of the bits and pieces to actually build this car. I'd like to do this one as this looks almost EXACTLY like the car I drove in Driver's Ed during high school. ;)

Chances of this car ever seeing the light of day as a glue kit are Slim and None, and Slim just left town.

Well, while we're at it....................

1977OldsCutlassboxart.thumb.jpg.1efa5cfd

Since this is a HUGE pipe dream, I do have most of the bits and pieces to actually build this car. I'd like to do this one as this looks almost EXACTLY like the car I drove in Driver's Ed during high school. ;)

Chances of this car ever seeing the light of day as a glue kit are Slim and None, and Slim just left town.

You got my vote Bill, it's not because cars in the 70s weren't powerfull machines, that there are no fans, lots of kids grew up with those on the streets so who knows that the nostalgia factor is a bigger one, then pedigree.

;)

Luc, this may sound crazy, but I stand by my thought that there is a HUGE untapped market for '70's cars. As you said, they were by no means powerful-----especially after '71, but IMO there were MANY good looking cars out of the '70's. The one above was one of my favorites during that era, and there are a host of others I'm sure folks can point out that might be good candidates for possible glue kits.

One thing I do notice in the 1:1 world when it comes to these cars is that I'm seeing more and more of them showing up at car shows. True there's the ever ubiquitous '55-'57 Chevy, but I'm seeing more and more of GM's '73-'77 Colonnade cars, '77-'79 T-Birds, '71-'73 Boat tail Riv's, and on and on.

Revell should finally make the 1957 RANCHERO !!!!

They (Revell) WILL make a '57 Ranchero kit as per info I received from the late Bill Lastovich who worked for Revell. Just how soon, I couldn't tell you. I'll bet it'll be here before I finish all the kits I have in my stash, and give you odds on that as well.