Model Cars Magazine Forum

Most unusual kit I've seen in awhile ..

For unusual...how about a scale model kit of the machine that makes our scale models?  Also in 1/20 scale, the Nissei NEX-80-9E Electric Injection Molding Machine.  I've seen several versions of these over the years, in different boxes, always from Japanese companies.

Nissei_Injection_Molding_Machine_Model_Kit.jpg

For unusual...how about a scale model kit of the machine that makes our scale models?  Also in 1/20 scale, the Nissei NEX-80-9E Electric Injection Molding Machine.  I've seen several versions of these over the years, in different boxes, always from Japanese companies.

Nissei_Injection_Molding_Machine_Model_Kit.jpg

WOWWWWWW, That is really cool. I want one!  If I were rich I would like to be able to offer injection molded tires. 

Ah, the good old Japanese. They love to make the strangest models. The weirdest one I ever seen, was a kit of a portable stereo boom box. What scale it was, I don't know or remember? It may have been 1/2 or 1/4? But not full size. I got a kick the box it came in, indicated the model came with a working speaker and a cord to plug it into something like.... a real boom box! I kid you not!

I think I might win, who doesnt wanna build a model of an outhouse ?

I have one of those.  Pretty sure it's a lavatory for the 1/32 scale Japanese bus kits.  Verlinden and some other companies have done actual 1/35 scale wooden (resin) outhouses.

The one you posted reminded me, I also have a Fujimi Japanese telephone booth.  They've done a lot of unusual accessories.  In 1/24 scale, they did an accessory set with a Japanese hot/cold vending machine, a teddy bear, cologne bottle and...a pack of cigarettes and lighter!  Plus other useful stuff. That one was sold as a stand-alone kit, but was also included with their 1/24 scale Austin Mini. And probably some other kits.

I have one of those.  Pretty sure it's a lavatory for the 1/32 scale Japanese bus kits.  Verlinden and some other companies have done actual 1/35 scale wooden (resin) outhouses.

The one you posted reminded me, I also have a Fujimi Japanese telephone booth.  They've done a lot of unusual accessories.  In 1/24 scale, they did an accessory set with a Japanese hot/cold vending machine, a teddy bear, cologne bottle and...a pack of cigarettes and lighter!  Plus other useful stuff. That one was sold as a stand-alone kit, but was also included with their 1/24 scale Austin Mini. And probably some other kits.

Would make sense, its the same scale as the buses , and it looks like one you would find in a bus

Yes, this one, its on my list of things to get one day

10070527.jpg

10000889.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Looks like I might be getting one! The detail is quite nice and I have plenty of 1/20th scale kits

[Close] Plamax MF-21: minimum factory Minori with Honda F90 Tiller (Plastic model) Item picture15

What you have is a model of a walking tractor, also know as walk-behind tractor or 2 wheeled tractor. They were fairly popular in parts of the US in the early 20th century. They have always been popular in parts of Asia. You will still find them in the US being used by guys who have large truck patches and by "homesteaders" that are attempting to go off the grid. 

I've used one to plow and disc a large garden and the things are really useful, especially in a garden too small to get a regular 4 wheeled tractor in, but too big to try and maintain using manual labor.

Some of them have a lot of different attachments. BCS offers a plow, power disc, hay baler, snow blower (with tracks for the tractor), and a wheel barrow attachment.

These things put the average, run of the mill, garden tillers to shame.