Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Last Modelhaus order

20 hours ago, GaryR said:

How do they ship?
I'm hoping by USPS, regular mail. UPS doesn't even TRY to deliver here in Van Nuys anymore.

What's your experience? thanks!

They have shipped via USPS Priority Mail for years, don't expect that to change. If you ordered something from them before they closed down the website, you will get an email stating when your order is shipping. 

On 02/03/2018 at 3:09 PM, dimaxion said:

I recently received my last Order from the fine folks at Modelhaus . I am delighted to put it mildly . I thank you Don and Carol fro your hard work , dedication and quality products .. Thanx .. 

When did you place your order? Mine was in hours before they shut down the website. Wondering how many more months to wait?

1 hour ago, Bob Ellis said:

I wonder how many bought on speculation to sell later?

most likely the reason why it is taking so long to complete the orders that were submitted. I remember before they announced their retirement that fast service from them was 4-5 weeks and it was well worth the wait. I placed my last order around July 3, 2016 and am in no hurry to get it as I have plenty to build. I bought two kits- a Dodge pickup and their camper trailer and have every intention of building both. Originally the camper was going to be behind the Dodge pickup but now that the Revell 66 Suburban kit is available, it might be the tow vehicle, painted to match of course!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 11:16 AM, Rob Hall said:

Still waiting on my last order..talked to them in Oct w/ my next-to-last order, said my last one should be in the early Spring...it was an order from July 3rd, 2016.

My last order was just before the site shut down. Carol told me the same thing last fall--"Spring 2018." B)

I got an email from Carol back around October or so. I had wrote her originally to let her and Don know that I had a change with my bank, and had to give them new account numbers. She wrote back thanking me, and let me know that my order wouldn't be ready until late Winter/early Spring. IIRC, I had placed the order I believe literally the last week they were taking orders on the 'net. It may in fact have been the last day they had the site open.

There's certainly no hurry I told her as I have a TON of stuff I could build that could last a couple lifetimes! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

OK!! Had to check something in my bank account just now and I noticed that The Modelhaus has taken out the money for the things I ordered. YES!! Should be showing up to my door maybe sometime this week? I know one of the items was their 1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, but darn if I can remember what the other things were?? :unsure:

This also signifies that they must be close to getting all of the backlog done. My order was among one of the final ones, and it's still painful to see them go, but time marches on. :(

I put my order in and it appeared that it went through. The next day I had the message that my order was rejected. (never went through) because they were closed down and not accepting orders.

Looked to me like they were flooded with orders so bad that they cut it off a little earlier than they had planned.

Can't blame them though!:lol:

I wonder if they will one day let someone else have their molds and the rights to start making their parts again!

12 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

I put my order in and it appeared that it went through. The next day I had the message that my order was rejected. (never went through) because they were closed down and not accepting orders.

Looked to me like they were flooded with orders so bad that they cut it off a little earlier than they had planned.

Can't blame them though!:lol:

I wonder if they will one day let someone else have their molds and the rights to start making their parts again!

Have their molds and rights to start making their parts again? The answer is NO as the business is "for sale" to anyone who can flash the ca$h and wants to work long hard hours to sell, cast, and send high quality resin kits and parts. 

• 3 weeks later...

My last Modelhaus order came today...over 25 years after my first order.  End of an era.    It was 4 Forward Look Mopar kits--'57 Dodge D501 2dr sedan, '57 Dodge Custom Royal ht, '57 DeSoto Adventurer ht, and '60 Plymouth Savoy 4dr sedan. 

4 hours ago, Sport Suburban said:

My last order just shipped. It was placed on 7-3 and is one of the last ones placed. Nothing real fancy. Just bumpers for a 59 Thunderbird and 68 Torino parts for a restoration.

Good to hear. Mine was placed just after July 4 weekend, and just before they closed the site. I should be within a couple weeks or maybe a month of getting mine. I've got some projects standing by eagerly! 

2 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

I just saw a Modehaus 1958 Fairlane convertible kit get $450 on eBay. YIKES!

Sadly someone probably ordered it for the sole purpose of re-selling it on eBay to make big bucks. For those of us who ordered to get something to build it only delayed us and the Holthaus's retirement.

I sent an inquiry to Don and Carol the other day about my order and got a nice, detailed response back from Carol asking for my credit card information as it has been deleted from their file. I called and actually got to speak to Don and he sounded tired and ready for retirement, which he is forecasting for this June. My order is from July 5 2016 and is scheduled to be put into production next week and shipped by the end of May.

I wished him well and thanked him for all that they have done for our hobby and he was very humble about it all.

If you haven't contacted them with your information, be sure to so they can finally retire and relax.