Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

Tonight I made a fired roasted corn salad with pickled red onions, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and avocado.  Topped it with a simple vinaigrette.  Needed a protein so tossed in some cubed leftover ribeye and a glass of red wine.  It was perfect after 2 hours of brutal cycling.

35 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just to prove to you that I am not a total "food snob", my wife left town this morning to visit her mother, so tonight's fare included a ham & swiss sandwich on wheat bread with BBQ flavored potato chips & an ice cream sandwich for desert.

Now that's nutrition! :D

Steve

Sounds similar to my roast beef on a whole wheat bagel with "tater tots"........... most nights I eat chicken cooked on my indoor grill. It's always good, and there's a zillion ways to cook chicken!

"Chickens aren't pets, they're Food!"   :P

22 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I was very fortunate in my partner selection & my wonderful wife has equipped me with several exceptionally nice Wusthof knives over the years. ;)

Steve

2v2JmQ7zrxwUbWP.jpg

I have 3 of the Ssantuko knives and they are my favorites.  They take such a nice edge that it makes using them a true joy.  Also, you don't notice when you nick yourself at first.

54 minutes ago, Taxdude said:

I have 3 of the Ssantuko knives and they are my favorites.  They take such a nice edge that it makes using them a true joy.  Also, you don't notice when you nick yourself at first.

I've done more than nick myself.

A few years ago, I almost took off the entire tip of a finger ahead of the finger nail.

The doctor said that they could not stitch it and assured me that it would die & fall off.

Doctors are not always correct.

I still have all of my finger parts! :D

Steve

1 hour ago, Taxdude said:

Tonight I made a fired roasted corn salad with pickled red onions, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and avocado.  Topped it with a simple vinaigrette.  Needed a protein so tossed in some cubed leftover ribeye and a glass of red wine.  It was perfect after 2 hours of brutal cycling.

Sounds delicious!

No photos?

Steve

Last night?  Left over Chinese food.   Tonight is hamburgers.

Steve wanted pictures... so here's a picture...

MVC-001S

Devil Eggs. I started making these when I was 18 and worked in a deli.  The faces came about when my kids were young.  I'd hide one or two faces in the tray. And it evolved to a full tray of faces to keep kids from fighting over the one with a face.

Today?  I cannot go to my sister's house for Easter without two trays of these.  They've become a tradition.  All those kids are in their 30s but they still want their face eggs!

56 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Last night?  Left over Chinese food.   Tonight is hamburgers.

Steve wanted pictures... so here's a picture...

MVC-001S

Devil Eggs. I started making these when I was 18 and worked in a deli.  The faces came about when my kids were young.  I'd hide one or two faces in the tray. And it evolved to a full tray of faces to keep kids from fighting over the one with a face.

Today?  I cannot go to my sister's house for Easter without two trays of these.  They've become a tradition.  All those kids are in their 30s but they still want their face eggs!

I love deviled eggs!!

My daughter could live on them!

How do you make yours?

My recipe is simply "Miracle Whip" salad dressing, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar & a dash of cayenne pepper.

I don't make them often just because they're a little time consuming to make.

I usually will just opt to use the exact same recipe to make some quick egg salad! :D

Steve

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I love deviled eggs!!

My daughter could live on them!

How do you make yours?

I also use Miracle Whip

My mustard of choice is  Kosciusko Spicy Brown

a bit of salt and pepper

Sweet relish

Olive on top with sprinkling of paprika

6 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

I also use Miracle Whip

My mustard of choice is  Kosciusko Spicy Brown

a bit of salt and pepper

Sweet relish

Olive on top with sprinkling of paprika

Well of course.

You NEED the obligatory "paprika sprinkle"! :lol:

I have used different mustards as well.

I like Dijon myself, but the color is better using the yellow mustard.

All about presentation you know. ;)

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

MVC-006F

How about a Crown  Burger?   Guys who have gone to GSL will know this one.

It's a cheeseburger with pastrami and Russian dressing.  I made them at home from memory and later realized that I remembered them better than they were!

Stop!!!!!

My wife won't be home for a few hours yet & now you have drooling! :P

Steve

Sometimes I like to just take whatever I can find in the kitchen & try to make something borderline edible out of it.

My wife was 300 miles away today visiting her mother & we will probably just throw some brats & hot dogs on the grille when she gets home around 8:00 PM.

I figured that we should have something to go along with them, so here is my creation from a pretty depleted cupboard.

I'll give it a fancy name & call it "Sriracha, Dill, Farfalle Salad".

For the laymen, maybe "kicked up macaroni salad". :)

Bowtie pasta, frozen peas, salad dressing, dijon mustard, Sriracha, dried dill, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.

Doesn't look like much, but it tastes pretty good.

Might go well with your "Crown Burger" Tom! ;)

Steve

2v2JmkWoWxwUbWP.jpg

I like bologna heros with mayo, Kosciusko mustard with lettuce and tomatoes meself. 

4 minutes ago, cobraman said:

....and a diet Mt. Dew

Hmm...reminds of when someone orders an Italian sausage hero off a street cart and tells the guy they want lettuce, tomato, onions, BBQ sauce, extra white sauce, hot sauce and any other condiments that they might've missed, then smugly tell him to give them a diet soda. Why worry about swigging down a regular Coke now? You've already entered Heap O'Calorie territory.    :D 

Went to a cruise night tonight and the bar/restaurant special for today was a pot roast dinner and I really enjoyed that. Didn't get to take any pictures tonight as I was yakkin' too much with people I knew and just met. I was a great time but I left early as I'm tired after doin' a cruise night last night also where 365 cars showed up.