Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

Tonight the wife & I finished our days at the same time, so before we headed back to the little hamlet of Hawley Minnesota, we stopped at the "Fargo Rib Fest" celebration & picked up some smoked goodness to bring home.

Pulled pork & BBQ chicken.

Both were delicious!!

Steve

2v2JmC1YrxwUbWP.jpg2v2JmC1PFxwUbWP.jpg

No photos 'cuz it is kind of a bland looking plate but crock pot pork chops with sauerkraut.   Layer the kraut with the chops, sprinkle with a little brown sugar and caraway seeds on each layer. Then as a final touch pour a stick of melted butter over the top.  Slow cook for 8 hours on low.  Yumm!  For a final touch, we are getting great corn on the cob from our local farm stand.  Dessert- vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries from the same stand.  Oh, and a Stone IPA to top it off.  Very German meal.

hero3aa.jpg.b42de158ffe6a2e7f716a00fbe612495.jpg

Today, Junior and I are having a`NYC Greek food cart-style Eye-talian sausage hero with lettuce, tomato and onions with homemade tzatziki sauce on seeded bread from Caputo's Bake Shop in Carroll Gardens. 26" of heart attack inducing deliciousness. No diet soda, man. We're washing this down with Manhattan Special Pure Espresso Coffee Soda.

Image result for Manhattan Special Coffee Soda

Buon Appetito! :D 

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

hero3aa.jpg.b42de158ffe6a2e7f716a00fbe612495.jpg

Today, Junior and I are having a`NYC Greek food cart-style Eye-talian sausage hero with lettuce, tomato and onions with homemade tzatziki sauce on seeded bread from Caputo's Bake Shop in Carroll Gardens. 26" of heart attack inducing deliciousness. No diet soda, man. We're washing this down with Manhattan Special Pure Espresso Coffee Soda.

Image result for Manhattan Special Coffee Soda

Buon Appetito! :D 

I can do without the soda, but the sandwich looks terrific!

Tonight it was Papa Murphy's "take & bake" pizza. :P

Steve

Has anybody here ever tried "Home Chef"?

It's one of those mail order recipe companies where they send you recipes & ingredients for quick meals that you cook yourself.

The wife & I have started ordering a few of their meals every month for those nights when we want a quick but nice home cooked meal.

So far we have prepared somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen of them & we have been quite surprised at how good they are.

Tonight it was "Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp with Rice".

Outside of the fact that my wife over cooked the rice, it was very delicious!

In her defense, the rice was over cooked because she was trying to keep it warm while waiting for me to return home from work. :)

Steve

2v2JTYmrhxwUbWP.jpg

It's so hot here in Central PA today (90 degrees and humid as I type this) that I ordered a 10" pizza from Domino's. Extra cheese, pepperoni, and beef, with double the BBQ sauce. That'll last me three meals as I'll take a slice to work tomorrow for lunch, have Couscous the next day, and then finish it off by midweek. ;)

You would be asked to leave the premises if you said that in any real Noo Yawk pizza place. :D 

Image result for slice of pizza from nyc with pepperoni and anchovies

That's what I call a real slice. And, don't be stingy with them anchovies. While yer at it, pass me the garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Buon appetito!