Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement

Dann Tier

Another little update here....more bits added to the carbs, and fuel rails...I think i will redo the fuel lines...dont like them much...OHH, and i forgot to show how i SB better -more realistic wire looms!...i will post how later.

-Photo 2; Here you see strips of styrene that i added for the base of my custom air boxes.

DSCF8864.JPG

DSCF8865.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

• 3 weeks later...

So I gotta tell you, I was down in my hobby room the other night and I just wasn’t feeling it, so I spun my chair around and saw my Testors kit of this car.  I remembered that you were doing it and so I pulled it out and looked it over for two nights.  I also reread all 10 pages of this thread and got my mojo back!!  I will happily and readily admit that I am going to steal so many of your ideas...??.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, thank you for taking the time to share all of these wonderful tips and tricks that you do!  I’m looking forward to seeing even more.

4 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

So I gotta tell you, I was down in my hobby room the other night and I just wasn’t feeling it, so I spun my chair around and saw my Testors kit of this car.  I remembered that you were doing it and so I pulled it out and looked it over for two nights.  I also reread all 10 pages of this thread and got my mojo back!!  I will happily and readily admit that I am going to steal so many of your ideas...??.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, thank you for taking the time to share all of these wonderful tips and tricks that you do!  I’m looking forward to seeing even more.

Thats GREAT, bud!!!......i think we all get that from time to time....glad you are back!!.....i post what i dont mind people using....i will NEVER keep secrets about how i do things! Thank YOU for following this build!!

Dan,

I have question about the spark plug wires (BTW, wires and the looms look great): why are those wires are all go into what looks like the differential case?  On my model I routed them to distributors.

Edited by peteski

18 hours ago, peteski said:

Dan,

I have question about the spark plug wires (BTW, wires and the looms look great): why are those wires are all go into what looks like the differential case?  On my model I routed them to distributors.

LOL, thanks!...i put the wires there to keep them out of my way until i'm ready to install them......you're a funny guy

• 4 months later...

Hey, everyone!, its been quite a while, but i'm back at this bad boy!

-Photo 1-3; All the main bits assembled. After adding some more details...bolt heads...brake line brackets, i will weather it all. The suspension works suprisingly well, and settles evenly!  The bare plastic ball joints move VERY well, and there is no paint getting stuck to paint!

-Photo 4&5; The main bits of the rear suspension went together just as well as the front, and has great movement also! I also added the fuel tank linkage line....i didnt want the hard line, so i went flexible.

-Photo 6; I am pointing at the fuel guage sensor line.

-Photo 7; I am pointing at the fuel pump that i made, and it fit Perf!!!....BUT, i need to replace the line from the pump to the next door tank, because it isnt flexible enough for a proper connection -no biggy!

-Photo 8; These are the next bits i need to work on, along with ALOT of SB to be added...its gonna be a blast!!

DSCF9677.JPG

DSCF9678.JPG

DSCF9679.JPG

DSCF9680.JPG

DSCF9681.JPG

DSCF9683.JPG

DSCF9682.JPG

DSCF9686.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

On 5/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Geoff!, how is yours turning out?

It's coming out alright. I'm in the home stretch, just a few details left to add. It's based on the Mardikian Countach.