Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 Ford Model A Roadster

Hoffman

Love this! Great wiring and detailing, and I'm especially impressed by that double pinstripe on the beltline and reveal. How the heck did you do that?? I also like that you scribed in (or drew) the missing cowl seam. I normally build hot rods, but seeing this makes me wonder if maybe I should try a stock model A for a change. Inspiring work!

2 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Love this! Great wiring and detailing, and I'm especially impressed by that double pinstripe on the beltline and reveal. How the heck did you do that?? I also like that you scribed in (or drew) the missing cowl seam. I normally build hot rods, but seeing this makes me wonder if maybe I should try a stock model A for a change. Inspiring work!

Guys, thank you for all your great, kind comments! You guys are Awesome!

Spex, the pinstripes and panel lines were done with a Koh-i-Noor technical pen. They call it a "Rapiograph". You can buy various diameter nibs for them, enabling you to draw very, very fine lines. I've used ink and acrylic paint in them. After scribing the missing cowl seem, I drew over it with black Indian ink in the Rapiograph pen. It's great for darkening panel lines in general. Black works, but if you're ambitious,  you could mix up a darker shade of the panel color and use that too. On this car, the pin striping was a little nerve racking, done free hand..........and gone over a couple times to darken it up. Whew! 

• 2 weeks later...