Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Falcon A/FX

afx

Kit bashing the AMT Wild Child Falcon with the new Moebuis Comet A/FX. Removed 16" scale inches for the chassis

DSCN5982

Still some work to do particularly at the rear but a good start.

DSCN5977DSCN5980DSCN5975DSCN5978DSCN5972

Edited by afx

Very cool project, we don't see too many of these Falcons being built! Interesting to see this old kit built with a modern donor kit. And if someone can do it well, it's you. So I'll be watching.

The "one year only rule" concerning the "Axle Relocation" in these FX classes in 1965 is something that is not seen very often either. So this will be interesting.

54 minutes ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Fantastic start, I was thinking of using this chassis for a Jo-Han Maverick build. Probably not the best idea though.

I'll be following this project.

Take a look at the AMT '68 Mustang. Pretty easy to get it to fit and a tremendous upgrade.

Looking forward to riding along on another one of your fantastic builds, JC   B)

Here's what she looked like twenty-five years ago; original body work, new paint...

wc1

One thing that appealed to me about this car was that it didn't have the extreme rear axle forward move (only 8") that some other AFXs had. I was actually at a friend's bodyshop in London the day a sikkens (I think) rep gave her a fresh coat of pearl white. 

10 hours ago, iBorg said:

I've often wondered if a Revell T-Bolt would be a good donor for the Falcon A F/X.

The T-Bolt chassis is a great fit and easy swap in scale but the comet chassis is closer prototypically with floorpan engraving, etc. The scale '65 comet chassis is actually a modified 'borrow' from the '66 Fairlane/comet kit, so availability is plentiful for the basic design.   

mike

The AMT kit is wrong to build the Wild Child as it provides the altered wheel base body.  I'm using it in lieu of one of the other AMT issues becuase I had it in the stash. 

I have a stock AMT '65 Falcon body that has the wheel wells cut, I may use it to build the Wild Child down the road.

Image result for amt wild child falcon

The plan is to build something in the Daddy Warbucks direction but with a more detailed and accurate chassis and engine than what you get in the kit.

image.jpeg.5ba02158a039cf7ac9c5d81074fcebc1.jpeg

I like the Wild Child in white Mike, thanks for sharing the picture.

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 2002p51 said:

I did this one a few years ago. Probably not accurate but better than what came in the box. I really should finish this!  :)

2v2EQ18DNx2mJNT.jpg

2v2EQ184rx2mJNT.jpg

You should finish it Drew, looks like you have most of the hard work done.

Edited by afx

12 hours ago, afx said:

You should finish it Drew, looks like you have most of the hard work done.

That's part of the problem, JC. Once I do the "hard work" I sometimes lose interest in finishing the project. I learned what I wanted to learn or accomplished what I set out to and I'm no longer as motivated to get to the finish line.