Model Cars Magazine Forum

Triumph GT6+

Safire6

Been working on this one for a while, just finished it tonight. Pretty much box stock except for the Pegasus chrome M5 wheels and tires with gunmetal spokes. Probably too much wheel/tire for this car. :) Model master honduras maroon lacquer and clear. Lots of fiddling and trimming to get things to fit halfway decent. My first attempt at using Perfect Plastic Putty and sanding. Comments welcome!

gt6 42.jpg

gt6 26.jpg

gt6 29.jpg

gt6 35.jpg

gt6 36.jpg

13 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Nice job on the paint.   Did you polish it?

I noticed the door window is down a little, I've done that a few times.

Wheels are such a subjective opinion, won't go there.

Thanks! I did not polish it, just clear coated it. I 'lowered' the windows to make it easier to open and close the doors....not that I'll be doing that too often! And I think it looks better that way.  I wanted to put Panasport or Minilite wheels on it but couldnt find any and I didn't like the looks of the stock wheels and tires so the Pegasus one's went on!

Lovely build, colour suits the GT6 too.  That side on shot reminded of a BMW X6 for some reason. I think the panel gaps/fit  you mention are actually very realistic for any small Triumph.  My only disappointment, and it's with the kit not your build, is that the A post looks very heavy.

4 hours ago, Red318 said:

Lovely build, colour suits the GT6 too.  That side on shot reminded of a BMW X6 for some reason. I think the panel gaps/fit  you mention are actually very realistic for any small Triumph.  My only disappointment, and it's with the kit not your build, is that the A post looks very heavy.

Thanks David. I agree on the A post-it's way to thick. I have a '72 Triumph TR6 that I did a frame off restoration on a few years ago. Even new from the factory the panel gaps were not so great on these cars, not quite as bad as on my model though!

Steve

Nicely done build of a kit that leaves a lot to be desired.

Though I love the real ones, I've put off buying this kit because of all the horrible reviews. I can see from your model that the lines and proportions really aren't too bad. Thanks for posting it here. Think I'll have to get one. :D

1 hour ago, Safire6 said:

I agree on the A post-it's way to thick.

Yeah, that's the biggest eyesore on that kit, at least the first thing that screams WRONG! at me (and the loudest). I think enlarging the windshield, especially widening it, would go a long way toward improving the look of this kit. 

I built the Aurora Triumph Spitfire 1/32 as a kid and thought it looked pretty good (except of course for just being too darn small).