Model Cars Magazine Forum

One of many wrecks

Shambles

Impressive.  I tried to "wreck" a kit like this in my youth. My method involved gasoline and matches.  Desired results were not achieved. Explaining to my dad about the ruined bbq grille lead to negative feedback not so easily dismissed either.

Edited by olsbooks

9 minutes ago, olsbooks said:

Impressive.  I tried to "wreck" a kit like this in my youth. My method involved gasoline and matches.  Desired results were not achieved. 

Agreed! Most folks who create "wrecks"  pretty much just torch models!  

I can appreciate John's work because he took the time to look at the structure of a car and how it would actually bend in this kind of hit. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh no, not a Mopar.Couldn't it be like a tuner or even a Ford:lol:...Great job though.

Hey hey.  Any wrecked muscle car is sad to see.   I would imagine doing a Corvette is a whole different ballgame.

Edited by vamach1

Thanks for the responses. I bought that built kit on eBay. It was a fairly nice build but coming apart. At the time, I was doing my salvage yard diorama and had quite a few wrecks in it. I'll post some more photos of wrecks when I get through with remodeling at the house. Hope to have room for some more dioramas too.

http://www.shamblesmodels.com/dioramas.html

hemi1.jpg

hemi2.jpg

_SAM0481.jpg

• 1 month later...