Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Fairlane VS 65 Galaxie

mangodart

Hi guys, 

Here are my last build, an AMT 65 Galaxie and a Revell 64 Fairlane. 

The Fairlane is build as a grocery getters with a Moebius 6 under hood and Trumpeter Hubcaps, wanted to done it like an AMT annual instead of a drag model, color is champagne metallic from Tamiya, had to scratch build a center console also. 

Thé Galaxie is box stock minus wheels and tires, from parts box, I saw this car on a Muscle Car of the Week video and had to build it ?

Hope you will like them ?

IMG_20191110_084500.jpg

IMG_20191110_084446.jpg

IMG_20191110_084316.jpg

IMG_20191110_084310.jpg

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Both look very nice, but I'm not sure the Mobius 6 is correct for a car. It's a truck engine. But I could be wrong.

Thanks, concerning the engine, it was correct looking regarding the few pics I found with Fairlane 6 engine, maybe the inches were more important on trucks, but it's not choking from the outside ?

2 hours ago, mangodart said:

Thanks, concerning the engine, it was correct looking regarding the few pics I found with Fairlane 6 engine, maybe the inches were more important on trucks, but it's not choking from the outside ?

That's why I said I could be wrong. They are beautiful models.

10 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Both look very nice, but I'm not sure the Mobius 6 is correct for a car. It's a truck engine. But I could be wrong.

It (240 cu in or 300 for the newer ones) would be correct in a full size Ford, but a whole different engine family than the small 6 with the one piece head and intake they used in the Fairlanes. That said, I'm not sure which car I love more, they are so cool!

9 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

It (240 cu in or 300 for the newer ones) would be correct in a full size Ford, but a whole different engine family than the small 6 with the one piece head and intake they used in the Fairlanes. That said, I'm not sure which car I love more, they are so cool!

That's what I was kinda thinking.