Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Ford 289 Cobra engine small block 3d printed

mad mike

Hello everyone,

at the last model show some guys asked me to do a small block Corba engine for a Daytona model, so I modified my GT40 Windsor a bit. This is how it turned out. Would you guys be interested in buying one? I would consider a small production run then. A set of parts would consist of the block, pulleys, distributor and four Webers (the yellow, raw parts).

DSC_0386.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

DSC_0389.JPG

DSC_0390.JPG

DSC_0391.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0383.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

54 minutes ago, mad mike said:

Glad to hear you like it! Right now I'm printing the first batch for Randy of Model Builder's Warehouse, so please look there for pricing and availability https://www.modelbuilderswh.com/

In Europe you will probably be able to buy the parts from scaleproduction.de soon.

So I'm guessing about $50 based on this one.  I guess I missed buying one of those.

IMG_6330.PNG

Gary,   That is the price for the Mk1 GT40 motor,  the Mk2 GT40 motor will come in at $55.00 with the 289 small block pictured in this thread will sell for $27.00

Mike was thinking 2-3 weeks for production and we can probably plan on 2 weeks shipping, depending on the holidays.  I'm hoping for right after Christmas.

Randy