Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup Pro Street

Hi Francis!

Wow, spectacular minutia, as usual! Bravo! 

Now, the million $ question: like in most headers installation, will you cringe or cry when you have to "hammer" adjust them while trying to slip them in place on the truck?

As a member of the busted knuckles club. I'm concerned for you well-being, my friend. Proceed with patience and care...

CT

9 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Francis!

Now, the million $ question: like in most headers installation, will you cringe or cry when you have to "hammer" adjust them while trying to slip them in place on the truck?

As a member of the busted knuckles club. I'm concerned for you well-being, my friend. Proceed with patience and care...

CT

CT,  not to worry.  All major header manufacturers have already received Francis' plans.  Should difficulties arise...Francis can sue them for liabilities.

Mike..

10 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Francis!

CT

Thanks for the kind comments Claude!

I will try to drop the engine in its final resting place (engine bay) with the headers already mounted on the heads so it should save my knuckles...

Thank you for caring so much for my well-being my friend, I really appreciate!?

Take care, Francis

16 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

CT,  not to worry.  All major header manufacturers have already received Francis' plans.  Should difficulties arise...Francis can sue them for liabilities.

Mike..

Hi Mike!

Funny! But I'm concerned that Francis keeps his hands in good shape. He needs the to turn out those formidable results that delight us on this forum.

Most of you have to be satisfied with pictures. We here, in the Great White North, have the privilege of seeing his creation under our noses, right on the table!

What a treat!

I will try to convince him to attend the GSLMCC  (on my bucket list)  with a few of his masterpieces. It would make quite an impression, believe me!

CT

8 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

I will try to convince him to attend the GSLMCC  (on my bucket list)  with a few of his masterpieces. It would make quite an impression, believe me!

CT

There's only one left so he needs to make plans attend. I'd love to peruse his creations in person.

Thanks for your kind comments guys!

Mike, I don't understand why your post is between the last one I replied but I think I have a little idea...  Thank you for the mark of trust but regarding suing, I guarantee you that I'm not that kind of person!  By the way, I'm glad to have some news from you sir!!!

Claude, I must admit that I am not the greatest globetrotter in the world but you are certainly the best of all the ambassadors!  With all these superlatives, you set the bar so high my friend, I'm afraid to disappoint some potential visitors... As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder!   As a beholder myself, I must say that your builds are pure beauty!!!

Brad, I would love to meet you (and other fellow members) in person but I'm not sure if all the planets will line up for this must-see meeting of model car enthusiasts... we can still hope... In the meantime, I will try to gather some pics of another of my previous build and start a new thread, hope you will like it!

Take care, Francis

Francis

I just finished Your current Post......................

I have been overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of this project!

Your mastery of the craft shown here is more then awe inspiring.

Not to side track with this question, but, how are you employed, what work do you do as pertaining to your hobby?

Every new post I saw was upped in amazement of the following one!

I am very happy in knowing that You, as well as others, are out there sharing Your skills in crafting this hobby so as to inspire others to keep Our hobby alive!

I look forward to continuing this modeling experience soon !

Thank You for sharing with Us here

Francis, this is a truly remarkable build. A work of art for sure. REALLY looking forward to seeing it complete. Colour choice?? 

Please share some more of your builds! I've seen a few in the magazines over the years, as I said before, I'm a fan.

Cheers, Steve

8 hours ago, rustybill1960 said:

Francis

I just finished Your current Post......................

I have been overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of this project!

Your mastery of the craft shown here is more then awe inspiring.

Not to side track with this question, but, how are you employed, what work do you do as pertaining to your hobby?

Every new post I saw was upped in amazement of the following one!

I am very happy in knowing that You, as well as others, are out there sharing Your skills in crafting this hobby so as to inspire others to keep Our hobby alive!

I look forward to continuing this modeling experience soon !

Thank You for sharing with Us here

Thanks for your kind and sincere words about my work sir I do appreciate it!

I don't think there is a short answer to all of your questions, so it deserves an answer at the same level as your kind comments!

Not wishing to expose all my professional life on this thread, I will send you a personal message.

Thank you again, Francis

On 8/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, Steve H said:

Francis, this is a truly remarkable build. A work of art for sure. REALLY looking forward to seeing it complete. Colour choice?? 

Please share some more of your builds! I've seen a few in the magazines over the years, as I said before, I'm a fan.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for the kind comments Steve and sorry, I just realized I missed your post!

Speaking of color choice, I'm still thinking about it, I would have liked to do a candy paint but since I want to install the cabin floor before finishing, it will limit me to painting the interior through the door openings, and there are a lot of nooks and crannies so the fewer layers the better.  As they say, I don't want to paint myself in the corners...lol.

Regarding the sharing of my other builds, I will see if there is any interest, I like to take the time to document well and there are some of my models (as for the 72 Roadrunner) which I can no longer find much of the photos of the construction process.  My other models were built between 12 and 20 years ago, so I was also less meticulous about documenting everything at the time...

I'll try to post some pics of my latest progress of the pickup in the next few days.

Thanks again for your interrest and take care, Francis

Hello Everyone!

Not a lot of activity lately apart from my new 72 Plymouth Roadrunner 426 HEMI thread which I posted a few days ago.

Summer is still here in the Great North but I managed to find some bench time to add another little part to the engine.  Using a small aluminum rod I machined the oil pump cover and the gear housing.  The filter is a piece of orange styrene sprue that I rounded on the milling.  I also wanted to drive some hoses to the oil pan so I drilled 2 holes in it and welded 2 brass rods in place to create the shoulderings for the fittings.  The hoses are electrical wire sheaths from which I removed the metal wires and slipped them on a small brass wire at both ends.  Aluminum nuts are from RB Motion and brass bolts will be used to mount the oil pump on the engine block. I will add a sponsor decal on the oil filter at final assembly.

I hope to make more progress soon with the fall, which will inevitably come its way in the coming weeks.

Take care, Francis

Oil pump cover in progress.229_OilPump_Progress_1.JPG.0b4c6f48b2b2736312a60228420d88c5.JPG

Oil pump in progress different view230_OilPump_Progress_2.JPG.bb29694a8ed78bc8b794b03ef8011a8f.JPG

Oil pump final including oil filter and added plumbing on oil pan.231_OilPump_Final_1.JPG.81fe18738b1b64aca60afadb3d54109b.JPG

Oil pump final different view.232_OilPump_Final_2.JPG.dcec2215ca39dc11a3763773471547f8.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Very impressive as usual... Im gonna have to fly you to Ga. and get you to machine me some 1:1 parts ???

Thanks for the kind words Scott!  I'm not the fastest machinist so imagine parts 25 times bigger... a lifetime project... it would be better for you to stay with your local speed shop!!!

Take care, Francis

6 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Thanks for the kind words Scott!  I'm not the fastest machinist so imagine parts 25 times bigger... a lifetime project... it would be better for you to stay with your local speed shop!!!

Take care, Francis

Can't blame one for trying ?

21 hours ago, Painted Black said:

So, with all this fantastic work, will it be for sale when done, or a treasured keep sake?

Thanks for the kind comments Robert!

I have never built a scale model for the purpose of resale and frankly, I don't know what price I could ask for after probably spending over 1000 hours making it... A good amount of money or financial disaster... I imagine that would most likely be the second option! ?

Take care, Francis

10 hours ago, Nazz said:

Nice work on the oil pump Francis. Wow.

Thanks Jerry!   I still have a few more mundane or I would say less extreme pieces to make as connecting arms.  It will therefore be a good way to practice and improve certain aspects such as soldering brass among others.

Take care, Francis

2 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Hello Francis,

Just perfect,  one could almost imagine the smell of oil while viewing these parts.

Also, for better flow and cooling characteristics, I've noticed the rounded edges.

Excellent!  

Mike..

Hello Mike, glad to have some comments from you my friend, I hope you are doing well!

This is not the most spectacular part (I also have other mundane ones to make) but I try to follow your advices... most of the time...

These parts will have a bit of you in them... I would say!

More brass welded parts to come so I hope you don't hesitate to give me your good advice if I tend to stray from the right path!

I hope things get a little better with you in Germany too!

Take care, Francis

1 hour ago, bytownshaker said:

Amazing work your skills are awesome. Hope you bring your builds to the AMRO show In Gatineau  or our show in Ottawa next year, as we would love to see your builds in person.

Edgar

Thanks for the kind words Edgar!   I would love to attend your show next year and I really hope my D100 is finished and ready for display.

If it's not finished, I might bring some of my other posted builds like the '70 GTX, '70 Dart Swinger or my '72 Roadrunner or maybe my '69 Coronet R/T or even my '68 LO23 Hemi Dart.... I'm not very diverse as you can see... I have a little penchant for Mopar products!

As I say, I love all the brands but it takes me so long to complete them that I have to choose my next subject wisely because it will be on my bench for a long time... LOL.

Take care, Francis