Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup Pro Street

13 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Francis!

Tremendous work, as usual!

I was browsing tru pictures on my computer, and I found this one from RAM 2019. You swept the first place in competition-drag with your Plymouth (left of picture), me 2nd with my Duster pro-mod, but alas, I can't remember the name of the gentleman who picked 3rd and is pictured between us... 

Just to wax nostalgia in this year of cancelled or postponed shows... 

CT

Great souvenir Claude!

I don't remember his name too nor what he built (what a shame...).  I don't know why you are not totally seen in the picture either and not in the right place?

If I had known that you were to publish this photo, I would have shampooed with a Just For Men?

I hope the second part of 2020 will be better than the beginning (it should not be too hard...)!

Hope to see you soon, Francis

3 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Over the friggin' top as usual with this build.

I hear what you guys are saying about the cancelled shows this year. Really sucks too. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles though. Better luck next year.

Thanks Buddy!  I don't know if the D100 will be ready for the next show anyway but I will push this as much I can.  I just had few hours of bench time lately but I will try to upload the next parts I'm currently working on next week if possible.  Thanks again for following my build Joe, I appreciate it!

Take care, Francis

On 6/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Great souvenir Claude!

I don't remember his name too nor what he built (what a shame...).  I don't know why you are not totally seen in the picture either and not in the right place?

If I had known that you were to publish this photo, I would have shampooed with a Just For Men?

I hope the second part of 2020 will be better than the beginning (it should not be too hard...)!

Hope to see you soon, Francis

The Gentleman's name is Mario Roussel and his car was most likely "Snake's" ARMY Monza Funny Car which was on fire.

He is in our Modeling Group and a member of AMRO in Gatineau PQ.

Edgar

13 hours ago, bytownshaker said:

The Gentleman's name is Mario Roussel and his car was most likely "Snake's" ARMY Monza Funny Car which was on fire.

He is in our Modeling Group and a member of AMRO in Gatineau PQ.

Edgar

Thanks for the info Edgar!  We always meet a lot of people during these events and I have trouble remembering the names so I hope Mario won't hold it against me... Thank you to greet the members of the AMRO club for me sir!

Hello Everyone,

Not much bench time lately with the nice and warm (very hot) weather in place along with a bunch of houseworks to do but I was finally able to complete the last part that complete the drivetrain.

I've been doing drive shafts on my models for quite some time and wanted to improve on the previous one I've done so far, so I tried a new technique to make them even more realistic.  I made it a little longer than necessary and I will adjust it to the right length during the final assembly.  I still have a bunch of parts to craft for this build, so I will continue to make them and update the thread periodically when they are finished, so be patient and check back occasionally for more updates during of summer.  Comments and questions are welcome!

Take care, Francis

Rear drive shaft yoke on the rotary table.205_Rear_Yoke_Progress.JPG.57d635d191b678a883fdbb0573a43900.JPG

Holes drilled using a 0.016’’ drill bit.206_Rear_Yoke_Final_1.JPG.dc7ec65914c05d50dff0c7bdb01ca54f.JPG

Rear drive shaft yoke final with brass bolt added in the center.207_Rear_Yoke_Final_2.JPG.2fb744edd3e85c9a821b297ed6d4097f.JPG

Front drive shaft yoke in progress.208_Driveshaft_Yoke_Progress.JPG.b384065b0e9501cd4292dd86fcaa90c9.JPG

Front drive shaft yoke in progress.209_Driveshaft_Yoke_Progress_2.JPG.5b5827f4765a21db7a5d2fea48aa0b7e.JPG

Front yoke final, it will slip on the Lenco output shaft.210_Driveshaft_Yoke_Final.JPG.420c7505d1d1cbae09a1abaefe5c302b.JPG

Front yoke final different view.211_Driveshaft_Yoke_Final_2.JPG.14757d2326ef981d403d0bc363b7f202.JPG

Drive shaft U joints components made with brass.213_Driveshaft_Joint_Progress_2.JPG.de7a25bfa006331025f663e576ed2ba0.JPG

Drive shaft final.214_Driveshaft_Final_1.JPG.04e02d3df3881b2f6b139181b6ea4a7f.JPG

Drive shaft final.215_Driveshaft_Final_2.JPG.d5c669b2632c0a05ad56d8f8d0c45fb4.JPG

Drive shaft final.216_Driveshaft_Final_3.JPG.5e9ff848713748a7a2a73b473be95fed.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

You have a really big dime ?. Wow amazing stuff as always

Thanks Scott!  That big dime is very helpful... lol   Take care, Francis

7 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

You gotta be sh*ttin' me!!!! All the way down to U-Joints?? Un......believable!!! DhIXBL.gif

Thanks Joe!  It would be hard for me not to admit that producing these pieces is my favorite part of this hobby!   Take care, Francis

3 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Just NICE!

Thanks Daniel, I'm always happy to have your visit and your kind comments my friend!   Take care, Francis

21 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Thanks Joe!  It would be hard for me not to admit that producing these pieces is my favorite part of this hobby!   Take care, Francis

You're doin' great Francis. One o deez dayz …...I'll have some sort of set up like this so I can try my hand at it too. This is just too cool bro.

12 hours ago, cobraman said:

Unbelievable detail !

Thanks for the kind comment Ray, I really appreciate it!  Take care, Francis

11 hours ago, CabDriver said:

You’re an impressive builder Francis!  

Breathtaking craftsmanship (and I use that word intentionally!)

Thanks Jim!  I am very touched by your assertion and I accept it with a lot of humility coming from a model maker of your caliber!   Take care, Francis

Francis, this may sound silly by now, but I'm smiling again viewing these photos!

Excellent, again the contrast brass/alu will enhance.

I figured out a while back to make decent U-joints using brass profiles, this involved lots of soldering in very small spaces.  That you make these in solid aluminum is even more of a treat.  When I round off the hollow brass tubes, I have to solder the holes back up.  Francis, I like seeing that you round off the edges again...!  lol

1 hour ago, Mike Williams said:

Francis, this may sound silly by now, but I'm smiling again viewing these photos!

Excellent, again the contrast brass/alu will enhance.

I figured out a while back to make decent U-joints using brass profiles, this involved lots of soldering in very small spaces.  That you make these in solid aluminum is even more of a treat.  When I round off the hollow brass tubes, I have to solder the holes back up.  Francis, I like seeing that you round off the edges again...!  lol

Thanks Mike!

It could also sound redundant but I'm very proud to keep you smiling sir!

This is the kind of part that I really love to make and I dare say that's one of my best effort on a drive shaft so far.  Working with brass is quite new to me and I like the fact that this material can be welded, it opens up new possibilities for me, without forgetting the nice color contrast that you mentioned.

Glad you noticed the rounded edges, I still have to fight against my bad habits... but it's starting to make its way... lol.

Take care, Francis

I don't know how you can build with this much detail on such a small scale, mindblowing. I struggle putting u joints in a real car, and think it's the end of the world if I drop a cap and the needles fall out. 

You guys are making my own build so much more than I thought it would be. I'll be happy when I build something half as cool as y'alls. 

12 hours ago, Deuces WiId said:

I don't know how you can build with this much detail on such a small scale, mindblowing. I struggle putting u joints in a real car, and think it's the end of the world if I drop a cap and the needles fall out. 

You guys are making my own build so much more than I thought it would be. I'll be happy when I build something half as cool as y'alls. 

Thanks for the kind comments Dick!   I must confess that machining and finding the way to make these parts is my favorite part of the hobby.  Still a lot of parts to make...  I still have a full time job so I hope to be more productive and fast to deliver my builds when I will be retired...  More updates to come!

Take care, Francis