Model Cars Magazine Forum

A 41 Willys Roadster mash up... made of leftover parts!

Claude Thibodeau

Hi!

Since I do mostly mashups and heavily modified or scratchbuilt cars... I end-up with LOTSA quality leftover parts. Might as well innovate a bit.

Revell 41 Willys, with roof removed. Cowl and modified front opening hood from AMT's 36 Ford (cabrio option), with lower Willys hood section molded to fenders. Rescribed door lines. Ultra-thin acetate windshield. Rear seat and tulip panel/waterfall console from Foose's Eldorod, custom floor, rear tubs, ladder bar suspension & rear housing + coilovers. Scratchbuilt firewall, door panels, rear frame section, exhaust and radiator. Front frame section & powertrain from Eldorod, modified. Prowler rolling-stock, scratchbuilt discs & calipers. Roof narrowed & shortened from unknown 30's Cadillac. Tamya's sand beige, custom interior color mix & Testor's WetLook clear. 

My mom always said that you should know how to cook with your leftovers...

Hours of fun with styrene!

CT 

DSC00551 (2).JPG

DSC00552 (2).JPG

DSC00553 (2).JPG

DSC00560 (2).JPG

DSC00563 (2).JPG

DSC00554 (2).JPG

DSC00565 (2).JPG

DSC00557 (2).JPG

Leftovers have never been sexier than that Claude!

As we say, nothing bad can happen when you mix quality ingredients... just need the right dosage and voila, another great build!

There is nothing that gets lost in your parts bin and it's a good thing!   I am impressed...

It looks like you filled the tires with nitrogen seeing the green tire valves?

Well done again my friend!!!

11 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Leftovers have never been sexier than that Claude!

As we say, nothing bad can happen when you mix quality ingredients... just need the right dosage and voila, another great build!

There is nothing that gets lost in your parts bin and it's a good thing!   I am impressed...

It looks like you filled the tires with nitrogen seeing the green tire valves?

Well done again my friend!!!

Hi Francis!

Thank you... and as matter of fact, you are the FIRST person to mention that I always put a green valve stem cap on all of my builts... Good eyes!

CT