Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '69 Super bee six pack

Mr mopar

3 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Too bad [ the '69 1/2 Super Bee ] is not 1/25 scale!

In spite of its inaccuracies , it builds nice . It's even easier to build a closer-to-stock replica these days (vs. the 80's - 90's issues) since Fireball Modelworks created :

- Correct tyres and wheels http://www.fireballmodels.info/ 

1/24 Scale induction setup http://www.fireballmodels.info/

The only other two glaring faux pas are :

- Power Disc Brake booster and master cylinder 

- Plymouth Satellite / GTX emblem on the back seat 

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

In spite of its inaccuracies , it builds nice . It's even easier to build a closer-to-stock replica these days (vs. the 80's - 90's issues) since Fireball Modelworks created :

- Correct tyres and wheels http://www.fireballmodels.info/ 

1/24 Scale induction setup http://www.fireballmodels.info/

The only other two glaring faux pas are :

- Power Disc Brake booster and master cylinder 

- Plymouth Satellite / GTX emblem on the back seat 

I'm a 1/25 scale snob.

1 minute ago, 1972coronet said:

I favour 1/25 scale as well... But , until someone tools a 1/25 scale 1969 Coronet-Super Bee-R/T , the ancient Monogram 1/24 is all we've got .

I owned a real 69 Super Bee that I would love to build a replica of, but 1/24 just don't work for me.

1 hour ago, RichCostello said:

I owned a real 69 Super Bee that I would love to build a replica of, but 1/24 just don't work for me.

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

I favour 1/25 scale as well... But , until someone tools a 1/25 scale 1969 Coronet-Super Bee-R/T , the ancient Monogram 1/24 is all we've got .

The Monogram 69 Superbee needs a facelift.  It's been re released numerous times  as the same 6 pack car since 84.  Would love to see Revell change this one to a regular 69 Superbee with either the power bulge hood or the twin hood scoop ramcharger hood and add the twin side scoops to the body.  Maybe even do this one as an all new 1/25 scale kit like they did with the 70 Barracuda or Cuda kit recently.

Superbee 1969 - Copy.jpg

1 hour ago, GMP440 said:

The Monogram 69 Superbee needs a facelift.  It's been re released numerous times  as the same 6 pack car since 84.  Would love to see Revell change this one to a regular 69 Superbee with either the power bulge hood or the twin hood scoop ramcharger hood and add the twin side scoops to the body.  Maybe even do this one as an all new 1/25 scale kit like they did with the 70 Barracuda or Cuda kit recently.

Superbee 1969 - Copy.jpg

If that was yellow with black hood scoops, and no side scoops, that would be my car!

9 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Yeah, and then make it a '68 while they're at it. :lol::lol::lol:

i remember building the original issue as a teenager, it was molded in a metallic dark blue...built the Monogram Challenger T/A around the same time, it was in a metallic red...IIRC, both those kits included a packet of Turtle Wax.

Edited by Rob Hall

6 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

i remember building the original issue as a teenager, it was molded in a metallic dark blue...built the Monogram Challenger T/A around the same time, it was in a metallic red...IIRC, both those kits included a packet of Turtle Wax.

I did one of those back then, too! I just sprayed Testors Transparent blue onto the body. I think I have some of those packets of Turtle Wax somewhere…  

I think this has always been a pretty nice kit. It would be great if Revell gave it the "enhanced" treatment with some new alternative stock parts, or even a revision to '68 specs. 

Fireball Modelworks does a nice Six Pack set up, as well as some alternative wheels and hubcaps (I think their '69 14" wheel covers are scaled too large for 1/25 but would look perfect on one of these). Hart's Parts does some parts for these: a bench seat (!), a base Super Bee power dome hood, and a Ramcharger hood.  

1 hour ago, CapSat 6 said:

I think this has always been a pretty nice kit. It would be great if Revell gave it the "enhanced" treatment with some new alternative stock parts, or even a revision to '68 specs. 

Considering it took 30+ years for the optional street machine parts to finally appear and for the Super Bee section of the bumblebee stripe to be corrected, I wouldn't hold out much hope....though I agree, a set of steel wheels and side scoops would be appreciated additions.

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Yeah, and then make it a '68 while they're at it. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm with you on that.  Revell could do a 68 like they did with the Chevelle.  They did a 69 Chevelle  then later on did a 68. Same thing can be done to the Coronet. 

If Revell does a 68 Coronet; it needs to be in 1/25 scale.  It's going to mean a massive retooling. The kit companies are now retooling some of their older subjects. Now could be the right time to do this.

16 hours ago, FordRodnKustom said:

Overall I like this kit. With a little work it builds up well. I don't mind building 24th scale at all.

I built this one from I think the first issue, It was molded in metallic blue styrene, Done as sort of a day 2 A12

2vmWoqknx29seC.jpg

Ron it looks like it's going 100mph just standing there nice work !

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, FordRodnKustom said:

Overall I like this kit. With a little work it builds up well. I don't mind building 24th scale at all.

I built this one from I think the first issue, It was molded in metallic blue styrene, Done as sort of a day 2 A12

2vmWoqknx29seC.jpg

Man! This could pass for 1:1