Model Cars Magazine Forum

better off dead the "Tastee" Camaro

disconovaman

One of my favorite movies is  Better Off Dead 

So I built the Camaro for the Cannonball Run community build 2020. The theme was Movie Cars with a Twist... I modeled the Camaro to look like the movie car but I gave it some modern muscle by replacing the stock engine with an LS... in hopes that this engine would be more reliable with probably double the horsepower to get from N.Y. to CA. in a dash. 

Anyways first time building the Revell 67 Camaro and it went together really well. I'm a fan. The LS from the 02 Camaro slipped in like it was made for it. The ski rack is from an MPC Dodge. Mike's Decals supplied the Bf Goodrich  white letters. and I swiped the wheels from the Revell 67 Chevelle. 

Thanks and... Watch out for that kid on the bike, He throws newspapers like a pitcher from the L.A. Dodgers. ???

20201111_194650.jpg

20201111_195302.jpg

20201115_093809.jpg

20201112_104435.jpg

20201112_105241.jpg

20201112_113546.jpg

20201112_110430.jpg

• Like 4

love it , great movie and car, your Camaro is excellent. 

Monique Junot: I figured if we had nothing to say to each other he would get bored; go away. But instead, he uses it as an excuse to put his testicles all over me.

Lane Myer: Excuse me?

Monique Junot: You know, like an octopus? Testicles?

Lane Myer: Ohhhh. Tentacles. N-T. Tentacles; big Difference.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, Pete75 said:

Great job Anthony & love the backdrop too.

Thanks, and I can't believe you never seen this movie either lol..

On 11/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, Pete75 said:

I'll definitely be rectifying this soon!?

Have you had a chance to watch the movie yet?

Thanks again for all the positivity everyone! I appreciate it... we're counting down now til the finish date! Been a good run and I hope the 21Cannonball Run we be as great! ?? 

Thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun for my first time officiating the Cannonball Run. I had so much fun that I'm gonna do it agian! ?... The Next Cannonball Run Community build Challenge will be "The 21' Cannonball Ruse" Racecars in disguise. I formally invite everyone to compete! Coming Soon to the Community Build Page.. Build starts Jan 1st.

Also the 2020 CBR Poll is up and I encourage everyone to take a minute and vote for your favorite!

Thanks agian for your participation!

• 1 year later...