Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021 - 1938 GMC Car hauler

Painted the frame, rad and wheels. The subject's wheels are chrome. These wouldn't be suitable for that as they are way too rough. And since I had assembled them to set the chassis height it will likely mean I'll spray the whitewalls and brush the rest then detail the lugnuts and the rings with a chrome pen.

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

38 GMC (5).png

Well, I'll have to visit this section more often...  I'm coming on board 6 months late and on top of that I notice that you've moved away from me...  I see that your sense of humor and your talent have followed you to your new home my friend!  It's always a little unsettling to start over in a new environment, but I think you've got it under control and you're doing pretty well on the machining side by the way... 😉

On 8/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Well, I'll have to visit this section more often...  I'm coming on board 6 months late and on top of that I notice that you've moved away from me...  I see that your sense of humor and your talent have followed you to your new home my friend!  It's always a little unsettling to start over in a new environment, but I think you've got it under control and you're doing pretty well on the machining side by the way... 😉

Well, I hate to  differ, but I am actually 6 hours closer.☺️ 

57 minutes ago, landman said:

I can't find a dash so I'll likely have to make one.

Hi Pat, great work so far, this thing is going to be sweet. I used a 41 Chevy pickup dash on mine. I cut it in the middle & added a small piece to widen it. Just a thought...

ms4s 001.JPG

014.JPG

1 hour ago, mchook said:

Hi Pat, great work so far, this thing is going to be sweet. I used a 41 Chevy pickup dash on mine. I cut it in the middle & added a small piece to widen it. Just a thought...

Thanks Mark. Never thought of that. I have an unbuilt 41, so I'll cast a dash.👍