Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

• 3 weeks later...

A bit has changed since I posted pics of the kitten I brought home on Christmas. 

I was told it was a male, same as the last one like it I had. Well...turns out she is female! And she went into her first heat a couple days ago. She will be heading to the vet soon to help alleviate any further occurrences. 

Gotta figure out some new names. Most of the old ones don't apply.

I did get a pic of her in a position I think is comfortable:

116300748_comfycozy.thumb.jpg.68256c552f4e05df0d05a4be960a79f8.jpg

• Like 5

This guy's name is Dinner.

He showed up one day as a stray bag of bones, and I was making dinner and he kept pouncing my foot. I told him if he didn't knock it off he'd be dinner. He didn't... So now he's Dinner. That was six or seven years ago and he's stuck around. I thought he was a girl the first year because he was neutered. 😂No longer a bag of bones either. He likes falling asleep in weird contortions...

received_391530444663773.jpeg.517340cd0f5b0795765c32202d417b35.jpeg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Spot.

He got used to curling up in model boxes when he was little, never seemed to notice he got bigger but the boxes didn't.

Surely is a handsome boy there. There's just something about black & white 'Farm Cats', though they're not breed-specific. I can see why the Egyptians embraced the Afrikan Wildcat lo those centuries ago.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Spot.

He got used to curling up in model boxes when he was little, never seemed to notice he got bigger but the boxes didn't.

Cat logic dictates that their comfort level increases in direct proportion to the size of the box they cram their jello-like, shape-shifting carcasses into. Smaller and more cramped is the pinnacle of swell. Look at Spot's face. That there is the smug look of a 100% satisfied customer if I ever saw one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For many years, I had a small-medium-sized dog carrier for my felines. My reasoning was, Would I want to be crammed-into the tight-quarters of regular-sized cat carriers? No way!
So, I purchased the aforementioned bigger carrier -- provide room to stretch, move, etc.

I've been proven wrong in my thinking; my rationale. Apparently, our domestic kitties actually feel more secure in those "M.R.I." dimensions carriers. 

It's truly amazing how cats -- "Big" (Pumas, Bobcats, Lynx, etc.) and "Small" (Afrikan Wildcat, et al.) -- can contort their lithe bodies into claustrophobic-to-us quarters, and be completely contented.