Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

3 hours ago, Tim08 said:

I always told my family I never wanted a cat. Then our youngest daughter brought this guy home several years back. Max, He's my buddy now.

IMG_0269.JPG

I lived in Liverpool when I was 5 or so and my GrandDad had a cat named Jinxie - spot on exactly the same cat.  Thanks for posting!

2 hours ago, Tim08 said:

Yea, he can be a ham every now and then. Especially at breakfast time... "Ahhh, give me some hash brown" He's a cool dude. Thanx!

This is Bandit Every. Single. Morning. while I'm making breakfast. Just having a rummage around the fridge while I'm getting ingredients. 

PXL_20211209_133930644.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Handsome Red Tabby ! How old is that love bug ?

The big guy is about four years old. I adopted him from a local rescue. I can't even imagine the circumstances that would force someone to give him up. He's the most ginger ginger cat in the world, and spends most of his time up in my business. 

PXL_20210809_220542684.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20211017_125232325.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rescue cats can make lovely companions once they bond.I

Some of the poor things have suffered neglect and some from cruelty from previous owners. Those cats tend to be shy and wary, but can be very rewarding once they have gained your trust. Other rescue cats have been well looked after but have to be given up due to unfortunate circumstances like a bereavement, or someone having to move away and not being able to take the cat with them. They are the ones more likely to come to you in the rescue centre and the mistreated ones tend to look at you warily from the back of the compound.

They do have a mind of their own though, and their temperament is very different to a dog that has a pack animal instinct. This goes to support the old saying that 'Dogs have masters, and cats have servants'!

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Like 2

One form of non-verbal communication we can employ with felines is eye blinking. Even the timid kitties will greet you if you slowly blink at them when they're looking at you. 

I was visiting the kitties at the local shelter some years ago on one of my days off from work. I was stressed out, so I figured "Why not go visit with the shelter kitties?" There was a young mum with four tykes in one of the compartments. She was on the defence right off, hissing and growling -- protecting her babies. I stood back, started blinking at her, and talking to her calmly. She eventually chilled out, so I approached her compartment. I said, "You have some lovely babies there, sweetheart. You're a good mum for defending your 'den'. May I present my hand to you?"  She stood-up, and sniffed my hand. Then she marqued the tips of my fingers with her cheeks, and then started purring. The staff were amazed that I was able to quell a defensive feral mum ! 

It felt so wonderful to not only relieve my stress, but to also bring some relief to a frightened mum and her young babies. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

One form of non-verbal communication we can employ with felines is eye blinking. Even the timid kitties will greet you if you slowly blink at them when they're looking at you. 

I was visiting the kitties at the local shelter some years ago on one of my days off from work. I was stressed out, so I figured "Why not go visit with the shelter kitties?" There was a young mum with four tykes in one of the compartments. She was on the defence right off, hissing and growling -- protecting her babies. I stood back, started blinking at her, and talking to her calmly. She eventually chilled out, so I approached her compartment. I said, "You have some lovely babies there, sweetheart. You're a good mum for defending your 'den'. May I present my hand to you?"  She stood-up, and sniffed my hand. Then she marqued the tips of my fingers with her cheeks, and then started purring. The staff were amazed that I was able to quell a defensive feral mum ! 

It felt so wonderful to not only relieve my stress, but to also bring some relief to a frightened mum and her young babies. 

Joe, that is a really great story!.. So glad you shared it

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, steveracer said:

Here is mine. Low maintenance….

clean…

74DD15AC-97AB-43AE-800C-7844FE5FFFD7.thumb.jpeg.7220343512d75bbad5db3884f0c1b214.jpeg

You one of them cat burglars? 😼

I moved this piano from the back of the room, to the front room to take pictures, so I can get rid of it.  The cats never had an interest in it, but of course now it's an easy and sunny location.  Fuzz Therapy.
IMG_3300.thumb.jpg.03efffcf3eeafd32a7d52ec4f36389d5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1