Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

1 hour ago, youpey said:

Video of tickles playing with his fish toy on my work table in my model area. i just dipped it in catnip. he is going crazy for it

That’s awesome! ... maybe I should get a couple of those fishes for my two cats... especially if they work that good every time!

15 minutes ago, Venom said:

That’s awesome! ... maybe I should get a couple of those fishes for my two cats... especially if they work that good every time!

honestly, they only kick it and play with it when there is fresh catnip on it. otherwise, they dont bother. 

1 minute ago, youpey said:

honestly, they only kick it and play with it when there is fresh catnip on it. otherwise, they dont bother. 

Ahh, that’s good to know since those things cost $20 each if I remember right. My cats have got to where they simply lick or eat the catnip and that’s it... no spazzing whatsoever. One of the doesn’t even pay any attention to fresh fish. Weird!

• 3 weeks later...

I never post pictures of myself online, but my wife took this when I was sleeping a few weeks ago. I didn't know until 2 days ago.

Its the way my life is most days. My boy tickie sleeping on my belly 

spacer.png

Edited by youpey
  • Like 1

Our dog Teddie would sleep across my wife’s body as the two of them were asleep on the couch. 

Just to make it interesting every so often, I’d lift his sleeping ear and whisper, “Look, cats”.  He’d jump into action, leap off her torso and go nuts at the back sliding door!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Our dog Teddie would sleep across my wife’s body as the two of them were asleep on the couch. 

Just to make it interesting every so often, I’d lift his sleeping ear and whisper, “Look, cats”.  He’d jump into action, leap off her torso and go nuts at the back sliding door!

Hey now, no dog talk welcome here... Cats be runnin’ this joint!😼🦁🐯🐱

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

I've seen more instances of felines and canines getting on wonderfully , than I have of humans .  

Heartbroken Cat Nurses Litter Of Puppies - Videos - The Dodo

Beagle nurses kittens like they're her own babies | Animalkind - YouTube

Yes indeed... Sad but true!

I remember several years back seeing a documenary from Africa of a wild lioness weaning a baby deer of some sort because it had no mother. She would return to it regularly and take care of it. It seems like that went on for over a month if I remember right. She never harmed it.

....EDIT.... Ok, it was a long time ago. I was wrong about the weaning part, etc.... Here’s the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZw-1BfHFKM&t=2s

Edited by Venom

We had to say goodbye to Shasta today. 4 years ago, she was diagnosed with feline lymphoma and had to go on chemotherapy. We knew it would stop working at some point and only expected to get 2 years. She got 4 years of good, quality life, and for that I am very grateful to her veterinarian, and his staff. She enjoyed 18 years of good life.

She was a rescued feral, and the outdoors were her preferred place. But she spent a lot of time with me at my hobby table, quietly rearranging parts, and putting cat hair in places where they would only reveal themselves after paint was applied.

Everyone in our family is going to miss her.

P3110065.JPGIMG_3036.JPGIMG_2867.JPG
  • Sad 1

Awe man...real sorry to hear that Dave...  A very beautiful cat indeed!  All of us pet owners know that the day will eventually come and none of us want to think about it. I wish you the best and hope you’ll be filled with memories that will make you smile, and not sadness.