Model Cars Magazine Forum

Delighted to report that #209 has arrived in Perth Western Australia yesterday, which I am going to guess is the longest distance any of the magazines travel (or very near to!) Great job guys, enjoyed reading and will be re-reading it tonight. So if the first USA copy reported here was on August 27, then my copy took 39 days extra which is considerably better than the last issue.  Woohoo!

Cheers

Alan 

Thought the article on the 1/12th scale Meng GT40 might be limited to just a few modelers as I can't imagine there are many of us that are going to buy it but I do enjoy reading about all models except......

The latest Fine Scale Modeler has an entire page reviewing the Cup of Noodles model. What the?!

Hopefully it's ok to mention another magazine as it doesn't even come close to my enjoyment of Model Cars Magazine.

4 hours ago, TonyK said:

Thought the article on the 1/12th scale Meng GT40 might be limited to just a few modelers as I can't imagine there are many of us that are going to buy it but I do enjoy reading about all models except......

The latest Fine Scale Modeler has an entire page reviewing the Cup of Noodles model. What the?!

Hopefully it's ok to mention another magazine as it doesn't even come close to my enjoyment of Model Cars Magazine.

The cup of noodles been around for a while. Would have been more suitable for the April issue. LOL

8 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Mine has still not arrived. My sub is good, best I can figure, the postman decided he needed it more than me. LOL

Mark    May want to see if your address on file is correct.   Starting this summer USPS got very strict on addresses with periodicals. The company that prints our magazine sent me a list of addresses the USPS said were not good. Biggest headaches were addresses that would be "hwy 77"   Needed to be State Hwy 77 or WI-77 or Cty Rd 77. Real pain for us to deal with. Spelling is also a huge deal.

3 hours ago, allis200 said:

Mark    May want to see if your address on file is correct.   Starting this summer USPS got very strict on addresses with periodicals. The company that prints our magazine sent me a list of addresses the USPS said were not good. Biggest headaches were addresses that would be "hwy 77"   Needed to be State Hwy 77 or WI-77 or Cty Rd 77. Real pain for us to deal with. Spelling is also a huge deal.

Good idea. I got the previous issues no problem, not sure what is up. 

6 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Good idea. I got the previous issues no problem, not sure what is up. 

This is a brand new thing with them. We never had a problem before either. Many of the addresses worked for years and still do with first class.

2 hours ago, allis200 said:

This is a brand new thing with them. We never had a problem before either. Many of the addresses worked for years and still do with first class.

Maybe they are machine reading the labels for bulk mails and the system can’t cope, but First Class is still sorted by real people at a critical point…

best,

M.

1 hour ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

The thing, my address is literally like three years old, as this is a new division. I would hope they had the address correct. I will check with Gregg to make sure. 

I just PM'ed you the address we have on file for you. It checks as valid with USPS. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 10:16 PM, peter31a said:

Don’t worry not here in central Ontario either. 

O.K. Now I'm starting to worry. Three quarters of the way through October and issue 209 still hasn't shown up here. I blame the post office but 2 months is getting rather ridiculous. Hopefully it shows up soon.

5 hours ago, michaelbaskett said:

I'll post when it get's here....Peter still has not gotten 209 AFAIK...Mine just came this week and there is a number of folks who have had theirs for weeks....

The system is messed up for sure...

We know this is a problem and we're working on a better distribution system for Canada.