Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished these two after a long (nearly 30 year) layoff...

olddude55

MPC 1970 Bonneville.  Paint is MCW Sand Beige Metallic, black interior.  Very difficult to finish, took three tries to get the windshield in place....

And AMT's '33 Ford pickup.  Paint is Testor's  metallic purple bottle paint thinned 50/50 with lacquer thinner.  Though it's hard to see, I scratch built a tuck n roll interior for it.  Engine is the Buick Nailhead from the '40 Ford panel kit that Hobby Lobby sent me by mistake.  

1970 Bonneville.jpg

1970 Bonneville 2.jpg

1970 Bonneville 3.jpg

1970 Bonneville 4.jpg

Purple People Eater .jpg

Purple People Eater 2.jpg

Purple People Eater 3.jpg

• Like 2

They both look great. The color and interior combination on the Pontiac looks period correct. The '34 pickup color and custom grill look a lot like the box art. Very nice paint on both and cleanly finished. 

8 minutes ago, Kah puts said:

They turned out fantastic. Let's hope it doesn't take 30 years for more of the same. Congratulations. 

Ha, ha..no it won't be.  Got a Revellogram '55 Chevy in final assembly, ND Miata getting close, two others on the bench.

And a model hoard.  I'm sure you know how it is.

Very nice models. My dad had, for a short time, a 4-door Pontiac in exactly that color combo. (I think it was called a Grand Ville.) The little truck is just too cool, and just perfectly represents what makes hot rods fun! Nicely done.

All those years spent away from the hobby, I spent honing my modeling skills. Maybe some day I'll be able to build as nice as you.

Mike

1 hour ago, lucky 130 said:

All those years spent away from the hobby, I spent honing my modeling skills. Maybe some day I'll be able to build as nice as you.

Mike

Thank you.  I shoulda polished the Pontiac.  So many angles and edges though.

The Ford doesn't need it.  Doesn't need clear coat either.  That cheap Testor's bottle paint cut with lacquer thinner, that stuff goes down so smooooth and glossy.