Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1934 Ford Pickup*

Coming soon to a forum near you ☺ Just opened the box and cleaned a few parts up.  Still in the process of what color, what version, and what mods.  I kinda like the wrecker version.  If you have built this kit let me know of anything to look out for and pics of yours are always welcome.    

20211013_105656.jpg

It's a lovely kit, a giant leap in detail from the AMT hot rod kits that came before it. The kit comes with two front axles, stock and dropped, but they are difficult to tell apart unless you look closely. Ask how I know this! Even then, you will need to file out the crossmember and file don't most of the spring if you want to get it down a bit.

If you copy and past the following link you will find a whole bunch of posts on the truck right here.  Funny thing is, I couldn't find mine from this year!

34 ford tow truck model cars mag forum

Cheers

Alan

15 minutes ago, alan barton said:

It's a lovely kit, a giant leap in detail from the AMT hot rod kits that came before it. The kit comes with two front axles, stock and dropped, but they are difficult to tell apart unless you look closely. Ask how I know this! Even then, you will need to file out the crossmember and file don't most of the spring if you want to get it down a bit.

If you copy and past the following link you will find a whole bunch of posts on the truck right here.  Funny thing is, I couldn't find mine from this year!

34 ford tow truck model cars mag forum

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan.  Its still early on as I still need to finish my 32 Sedan.  

11 minutes ago, Kool Kat said:

Bob, I don't have one, I suck at WIP's, I've never finished one.Guess its because I'm working on so many builds at once, one day I'm on the 34, the next I'm on the 32. etc.

Well KK.....you worked long and hard at producing a nice model so I think you could do the same with a WIP don't ya think.  I for one would like to see your builds in progress. I'm not very good at it but I do like other fella's to see what I'm up to on the work bench. 

13 hours ago, bluestringer said:

This looks cool Bob. Looking forward to seeing it. I don't think I've seen this kit in my local HL, but I'll be looking for it next time I'm there for the 40% off week. 

Thanks James, I appreciate it. 

I've been thinking about the color for my 34 so I wanted to throw this by you fella's to see whatya think.  I painted a 56 Ford pickup with this Anita's Tangerine color and thought it looked pretty kewl.  I still have some of the Tangerine paint and was thinking a white interior ( Wimbledon White ) would look kewl.  I'd like the Tangerine to be a little darker so what color would a fella mix with it to get it a little darker like the pic/ 

56 Ford Tangerine.jpg

99984741_dpl_bfm0041_pri_larg.jpg

35_Bed_Interior_6858.jpg