Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford Roadster

bluestringer

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

20211101_085040.jpg

Dragster version would be cool. I found my air compressor problem, it's the regulator. I'm going to head to my local hardware store later and see if I can pick up one. In the mean time I need to see if I can get the warped windshield frame to work. May have to go without a windshield, my driver will just have to get a full face bike helmet. : )

26 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Dragster version would be cool. I found my air compressor problem, it's the regulator. I'm going to head to my local hardware store later and see if I can pick up one. In the mean time I need to see if I can get the warped windshield frame to work. May have to go without a windshield, my driver will just have to get a full face bike helmet. : )

Good thing you found your air compressor problem.  Yeah...your driver may have to go old school and just eat the bugs ☺

Got it fixed and shot some color on the interior. I went with FolkArt Titanium White. Now I'm debating whether I want to go with a second color on the rolled upholstery. I'm afraid if I mask it off it will peel off that craft paint when I take the tape off. I'm not very good keeping a straight line if I do it by hand. Got the headers installed on the engine, that was kinda tricky getting them lined up with the pipes. 

_IGP0122.jpg

_IGP0123.jpg

_IGP0125.jpg

1 hour ago, bluestringer said:

Got it fixed and shot some color on the interior. I went with FolkArt Titanium White. Now I'm debating whether I want to go with a second color on the rolled upholstery. I'm afraid if I mask it off it will peel off that craft paint when I take the tape off. I'm not very good keeping a straight line if I do it by hand. Got the headers installed on the engine, that was kinda tricky getting them lined up with the pipes. 

Paint a test piece and mask that off and see what happens.  If your weather is cool like it is here I'd let it cure for 48 hrs before putting the tape on.

Almost done. Just a few more bits, lights, door handles, etc. Then I got to try and get that warped windshield frame on there. I either put something on wrong or had a warped frame as after I started doing the chassis things just didn't fit well. Now the body sits a little crooked. This will be the last picture before I put it under glass.

_IGP0143.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Hey James....look what I received in the mail today from Revell.  It took a while for the second set to get here but they look pretty darn good.  My hats off to Revell for following through on this.

20211106_161748.jpg

That's great Bob. I still have not heard anything from them. I managed to get mine on, it's not perfect but looks ok. I'll post up some finished photos under glass tomorrow. 

On 11/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, Zippi said:

Hey James....look what I received in the mail today from Revell.  It took a while for the second set to get here but they look pretty darn good.  My hats off to Revell for following through on this.

20211106_161748.jpg

Got mine in the mail today. Don't need it now, but if I do another 29 model A, I'll have an extra.