Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lee Child and Reacher fans

Mike 1017

I've read two Reacher books and enjoyed them. Saw the second movie and thought it was awful--basically a stupid Bourne clone. I hear the first movie wasn't bad. 

I won't be subscribing to Amazon just to see these. Would watch if it were on Netflix, though. 

Tom Cruise made a farce out of the movies. Alan Ritchson looks the part. I wonder if it is gonna start when he is still in the Army or after.

I hope that there is narrative about his thinking. Such as how is gonna beat his opponents to an inch of their lives in 3.2 seconds. His reasoning and deduction skills.

I read The Sentinel by Andrew Child (Grant) Lee Childs brother and it did not disappoint. 

Mike

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:47 PM, Snake45 said:

I've read two Reacher books and enjoyed them. Saw the second movie and thought it was awful--basically a stupid Bourne clone. I hear the first movie wasn't bad. 

I won't be subscribing to Amazon just to see these. Would watch if it were on Netflix, though. 

i watched te first one in the theater and thought Tom did an excellent job. The second one was aweful. Check the first one out Snake 🐍. I not joining Amazon to watch it..

I listen to audio books and have done a bunch of the Reacher books, I never cared much for Tom Cruise in the part but liked the movies. I always pictured Jim Caviezel when I listens to them. I always thought he would be the perfect Reacher especially after watching Person of Interest. I will definitely have to check this series out...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 6:48 PM, SCRWDRVR said:

I listen to audio books and have done a bunch of the Reacher books, I never cared much for Tom Cruise in the part but liked the movies. I always pictured Jim Caviezel when I listens to them. I always thought he would be the perfect Reacher especially after watching Person of Interest. I will definitely have to check this series out...

I also listen to audio books. I was so upset when Dick Hill retired. Scott Brick is no Reacher!!

On 12/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, SCRWDRVR said:

I really like Scott Brick but I like him as Johnathan Quinn in the Brett Battles books

I think Scott Brick is a great .

For me Dick Hill is Reacher Dick Hill even narrated one of Janet Evanovich novels.

George Guidall is another one I like. He did a fantastic job on Vince Flynns {rip} books. The Mitch Rapp novels are a great read.

Mike

On 1/1/2022 at 3:54 PM, Mike 1017 said:

I think Scott Brick is a great .

For me Dick Hill is Reacher Dick Hill even narrated one of Janet Evanovich novels.

George Guidall is another one I like. He did a fantastic job on Vince Flynns {rip} books. The Mitch Rapp novels are a great read.

Mike

I agree Dick Hill is the best for Reacher I think and I like George Guidall also he is great as Longmire. I’m a Robert B Parker fan so I like James Naughton and Joe Mantegna a lot also

On 1/1/2022 at 7:36 PM, alexis said:

Try hunting up Audio books done by Campbell Scott. (George C. Scott's son. and yes the "C" is George C. Scott is Campbell)

He has a smooth, distinctive voice. My wife and I have listened to him read "Time after Time" many times.

I will keep an eye for him and check him out, thanks for the tip

• 1 month later...

Reacher started streaming on Amazon over the weekend. It is very good and worth the long wait. They got it right this time.  Lee Child fans are gonna love it.

I like that on Amazon I can watch all the episodes at once and not wait a week for another new one.

Mike

On 2/8/2022 at 8:51 PM, Rob Hall said:

I've read all the books, like them and the character..will have to check out the series.    As far as series based on books, I really liked Amazon's 'Bosch' based on the Michael Connelly novels. 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:51 PM, Rob Hall said:

I've read all the books, like them and the character..will have to check out the series.    As far as series based on books, I really liked Amazon's 'Bosch' based on the Michael Connelly novels. 

We also watched Bosch . Good Stuff. I know that there is the Lincoln Lawyer movie. I was hoping that Bosch and Mickey Haller would team up for an episode.