Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 2022 Cannonball Run Year of Birth Build Thread

disconovaman

On 12/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, disconovaman said:

So Listen up guys, I've been thinking about this and it's weighing heavily on my heart. So I want send my sincere apologies to the following builders of this year's CBR...

landman

Oldmopars

Just Jim

Beans 

89AKurt

Dragonhawk1066 

fivesuns

These members had finished entries for the Cannonball Run Community build event but did not post in the finished builds thread. One of the rules is that we use that thread for the voting process...

[-  A few weeks prior I’ll start a completed builds thread, for posting up your work and we’ll work the poll from that thread. Take some GOOD PHOTOS! I cannot emphasize this enough, good photos are essential. No one has won this with crappy photos in poor lighting.- ]

I implement these rules from the original CBR because it is effective. This helps the voters decide a winner for the event.

I was distracted with finishing my build and I was unable to remind everyone who had not posted their entries before the poll was posted. For that, I'm truly sorry...I enlisted the help of WhiteRabbit and he was proactive in getting that done for us. I am grateful that he took the time to help out with this year's voting poll and the theme poll for 2023 as well.

These Awesome builds should not go unnoticed and if you all were following along you know the amount of work and dedication that went into each of these projects.

Technically we had 17 finished builds, an impressive number for my stint as moderator.

I have grouped these Fabulous finished photos together as a reminder of how important it is to stay up-to-date on the build thread and the inpending deadline for future reference. Thanks for understanding and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused... but there agian, I cannot stress enough of how important it is to read and remember all aspects of the competition. 

DSC_0007.JPG.91c786539abd3fc87120cfc1641e30cb.jpeg.jpg

Don't feel bad. It was up to me to stay on top of things. Good luck to the remaining contestants. Merry Christmas all.

• Like 1

Despite the fact these builds weren't included in the voting, they are still winners because they were finished. I can't help but think of all the builds that didn't finish and realize the challenges I had myself with finishing my own build. I understand... It really does take alot of time and effort when you have a count down.

If I've learned one thing through this year's CBR, it's not to wait til the last month to get finished and expect it to be quality and above my standards of competing in a competition. 😆🤣😂 

These were excellent builds and surely belonged in the voting poll. Scott and Kurt both were reining champions for the past 3 years and had beautiful builds as well as the rest of the builders. Some real competition there. 

And a shout out to all the unfinished builds, I really do want to see all these in the Under glass section in the future. Because after all, My main goal and why this Community build was started all those years ago is a way to inspire and get folks building models.

Also I want to thank everyone who participated in and continue to have passion for the CBR! Next year will be even better!  A Special thanks to White Rabbit for setting up the polls this year. I'm proud of the work he's done here! And at this time I'd like to announce Enzo (aka White Rabbit) will be carrying the torch as Moderator for us at the 2023 CBR. I have No Doubt that he will do an excellent job!

I'm excited to build in 2023 and see what the next CBR brings!

See you all at the Starting line and as always have fun and Watch out for two priests in a Red Ferrari! 😆😆 

• Like 2

So the voting poll couldn't be edited to include the other finishers? I've not checked the voter turnout, but if a third of the field is missing, could a new one be started and the old one voided? I'm not voicing any opinion, mind you, I'm just wondering if there are options or even if it's worth the trouble.

1 hour ago, Lunajammer said:

I'm just wondering if there are options or even if it's worth the trouble.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but there weren't any descriptions of the builds or multiple photos and to onlookers that didn't keep up with the thread they wouldn't know what they are looking at. Would it be fair to the other 10 that did take time to post descriptions and photos? I'm leaving it as it is due to the fact that the run is  over and the poll is already off and running.

• Like 1

Hello Cannonballers!

I would like to begin by expressing my gratitude to Anthony (disconovaman) for his kind words and confidence in me and for allowing me the opportunity to oversee next year's Cannonball Run! As we can all agree, he has done an excellent job and has set the standard for the events to come! It truly is a privilege to moderate the CBR and I will do my best to ensure that next year's run will be of the quality and integrity that has come to be expected.

As for me, I've always been passionate about automobiles and the Cannonball. Since I was in grade school, my favorite movie had always been the Cannonball Run. As I grew and came to find that the CBR was an actual race, I absolutely fell in love with it! I've read Brock Yates' Cannonball! book several times and am always envious of the grand adventure he and his fellow scofflaws embarked on; truly an amazing feat!

Model-building too has been a hobby of mine since as far back as I can remember and I have more love for it now than ever. It really is a satisfying hobby that challenges and rewards the builder! Furthermore, I would like to thank the Modelcarsmag forum members for welcoming me into this fantastic community of passionate builders and their ever-inspiring models!

I look forward to the 2023 Cannonball Run and the amazing builds that are yet to come! I hope everyone will be as inspired as I am to participate and contribute to what is sure to be a memorable event!

• Like 3

On 12/3/2022 at 8:56 AM, disconovaman said:

So Listen up guys, I've been thinking about this and it's weighing heavily on my heart. So I want send my sincere apologies to the following builders of this year's CBR...

landman

Oldmopars

Just Jim

Beans 

89AKurt

Dragonhawk1066 

fivesuns

These members had finished entries for the Cannonball Run Community build event but did not post in the finished builds thread. One of the rules is that we use that thread for the voting process...

[-  A few weeks prior I’ll start a completed builds thread, for posting up your work and we’ll work the poll from that thread. Take some GOOD PHOTOS! I cannot emphasize this enough, good photos are essential. No one has won this with crappy photos in poor lighting.- ]

I implement these rules from the original CBR because it is effective. This helps the voters decide a winner for the event.

I was distracted with finishing my build and I was unable to remind everyone who had not posted their entries before the poll was posted. For that, I'm truly sorry...I enlisted the help of WhiteRabbit and he was proactive in getting that done for us. I am grateful that he took the time to help out with this year's voting poll and the theme poll for 2023 as well.

These Awesome builds should not go unnoticed and if you all were following along you know the amount of work and dedication that went into each of these projects.

Technically we had 17 finished builds, an impressive number for my stint as moderator.

I have grouped these Fabulous finished photos together as a reminder of how important it is to stay up-to-date on the build thread and the inpending deadline for future reference. Thanks for understanding and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused... but there agian, I cannot stress enough of how important it is to read and remember all aspects of the competition. 

@Dragonhawk1066 @Dragonhawk1066

Here you have an apologie from our host. Its the same for him with having other things in life as you mentioned, that he did not think of the issue until it was to late.  

Edited by Mattilacken

Congratulations to every one that made it in time with their build! For all others well fought! For the issue discussed above, its sad but was not made by intent by any one. And I too belive it's our own responsibillity to post our finished builds in the thread, sure a reminder would have been nice, but no one remembers everything not even our best OP.

And Thanks again @disconovaman for an other great CBR and thanks every one else helping out and best of luck with Next years CBR. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 4:17 AM, Mattilacken said:

Congratulations to every one that made it in time with their build! For all others well fought! For the issue discussed above, its sad but was not made by intent by any one. And I too belive it's our own responsibillity to post our finished builds in the thread, sure a reminder would have been nice, but no one remembers everything not even our best OP.

And Thanks again @disconovaman for an other great CBR and thanks every one else helping out and best of luck with Next years CBR. 

I agree. I was headed for bed on the last night of the contest and for some reason realized that I hadn't posted my pics.

I empathize with those who didn't make it, as I would have voted for one of those who didn't, however I'm sure almost all of us have cell phones that you could add a reminder to hit you up the day before the deadline. If I'd missed, I feel it would have been on me, personally.

Well done to everyone who managed to get a build completed! Some great stuff here and I've placed my vote.

I failed miserably with mine, I didn't get it past a mockup. But I still like the idea I came up with, and I'll get on with it regardless of whether it fits into a future CBR or is just something I build for my own satisfaction.

Looking forward to seeing what we get for 2023. Already got an idea or two....

• Like 1