• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2023 at 9:55 PM, W Humble said:

Love the bike, love the build!  'We are not worthy...!"  Wick

On 4/3/2023 at 6:39 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Great build, missed it earlier.  :D

2 hours ago, ybsluos said:

Amazing Scott

Blast from the past, thanks guys

Funnily enough I had to revisit her earlier this year as I knocked the bike off the shelf and broke the front forks and knocked off the fuel tank. I left her like that for a bit out of shame, but then bit the bullet and repaired. 

She got some surgery with a brass rod inserted into her front tube...something I should have done to begin with as it is much harder with all the wiring and stuff in the way.

Broken green plastic kit tube, forks are loose and flopping.

Fitting a brass rod

IMG_5048.thumb.jpg.89b812e35824475414da6d61c302ea18.jpg

A brass sleeve installed into the tube for better strength; the brass rod will telescope through it.

IMG_5049.thumb.jpg.d7af0a2b186ba371244497de32f483dd.jpg

Back up and front forks working and turning again. Collateral damage restored.

IMG_5050D.thumb.JPG.894373cb259263a11a3507b79095bfdb.JPGIMG_5047.jpg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Nice conversion Scott. Been following your build on the International Scale Modelled Forum. The kit was originally made by Matchbox when they made plastic kits back in the seventies and eighties.

Scott said one of the tyres split due to getting brittle that he had to repair. If anyone is about to build one of these kits or has one in their stash, there is a UK company named Motobitz who I believe makes resin cast tyres to replace the kit items. Looks like others must have had this problem to prompt resin ones being made?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful result, Scott - I came across this just a few minutes ago - how could I miss it? (I should browse the bike part of the forum more often..)

Knocking built models off the table happens every now and then, it can't be avoided always - but you managed to repair the bike again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Wonderful result, Scott - I came across this just a few minutes ago - how could I miss it? (I should browse the bike part of the forum more often..)

Knocking built models off the table happens every now and then, it can't be avoided always - but you managed to repair the bike again.

Thanks for commenting

At least it was me that knocked it over and not the cat or my wife dusting 

Nobody to blame but me 😀