Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

It has been many many many years since I have been at my work bench to build a model. Well have more time now so I went back into my model room and this is what has happened so far. A Doyusha Nostalgic Hero series 1969 Datsun Bluebird 1600.

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

Edited by BKIN10SECS
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, BKIN10SECS said:

It has been many many many years since I have been at my work bench to build a model. Well have more time now so I went back into my model room and this is what has happened so far. A Doyusha Nostalgic Hero series 1969 Datsun Bluebird 1600.

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

very cool, its nice to see different styles done on a japanese car

Picked up an original Grant King sprint car kit at NNL East. Haven't built one of these since I was a kid. Threw the box and a few tools in the Griswold family truckster as we headed up to Vermont last week for a little vacation. Throughout the week I was able to assemble the chassis, sand all of the body panels and tank and pretty much prep all the parts for paint. Also detailed a few things like opening up the ends of the headers for a more realistic look. Plan on replacing the kit tires with these resin rear dirt tires and wheels from Ron Coons. Need to find a better pair for the front, just had these asphalt tires with me for mock up purposes. 

King Left Side.jpg

King Sprint Car LF.jpg

King Headers.jpg

• Like 5

Getting this bad boy ready for paint and assembly. All modifications have been made on the frame for 4x4 drive train driven by a 57 Chrysler Hemi, TorqueFlite and transfer case, resin steelies and tires (I'll probably switch the tires to Fireball) and steerable front axle. 

Dashboard has a separate gauge panel with aftermarket gauge panel and switches detail. Made a headliner as well. Door panels have separate inserts to represent the 1:1. Scale Motorsports upholstery decal on the seat.

The body has been sanded and ready for another coat of primer, then some coats of Chrysler pale blue finish.

Headlights are from the 53 Ford PU custom grille, separate lens for the turn signals and scratch made taillights with separate lens.

Hoping to get this done soon.20230802_085710.thumb.jpg.f2a32ffea6ba1198bb24a57d477c4eca.jpg 

20230802_084022.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Another one that has been mocked up for years that i just found in some parts boxes while looking for some other stuff.I really need to get this one going again.A Bandit Resin 70 Dart Swinger. It uses the Revell 68/69 Dart doner chassis. Going to be factory stock with a AMT 71 Duster 340 engine/trans.

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

• Like 5

Inspired by @CabDriver's T-Bucket, I decided I wanted one, too! Last week, when I was frustrated and discouraged by the paint on the cowl of my dragster, I started scrounging through my parts, and came up with enough to do this. The seat is sanded down from a Model a tub. The floor will be wood. It'll sit a tad higher, in back (but, not much!). I'm not 100% on the wheels, yet, but not dead-set against them, either. Flattie is the venerable Monogram V-8 with tri-carbs. I'll remove the molded-in manifolds, and replace them with headers. It won't be a rat, but it will wear a matte finish.

DSC_0019cr.jpg

DSC_0020cr.jpg

DSC_0021cr.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Inspired by @CabDriver's T-Bucket, I decided I wanted one, too! Last week, when I was frustrated and discouraged by the paint on the cowl of my dragster, I started scrounging through my parts, and came up with enough to do this. The seat is sanded down from a Model a tub. The floor will be wood. It'll sit a tad higher, in back (but, not much!). I'm not 100% on the wheels, yet, but not dead-set against them, either. Flattie is the venerable Monogram V-8 with tri-carbs. I'll remove the molded-in manifolds, and replace them with headers. It won't be a rat, but it will wear a matte finish.

DSC_0019cr.jpg

DSC_0020cr.jpg

DSC_0021cr.jpg

This is awesome!!  Great start!!

• Like 1