Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a laugh?

Ace-Garageguy

3 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Some background. The entire city of Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories has been evacuated due to massive forest fires. It's crazy. So the evacuees are making their way here to Alberta. The Edmonton area will have thousands of these people spending a some time here. Can't imagine what this would be like. Having to evacuate, not knowing if you would have a home anymore. Crazy.

The Edmonton Elks are our DFL football team. They currently have the dubious honour of being the professional sports team, IN ANY SPORT EVER, with the longest at home losing streak. We haven't won a game at home since 2019. Won our first game of the season over the weekend. Season is half over right now. I don't think we won  a game at all last season.

Then I see this headline in today's paper, and I chuckled a little.

20230822_070324.jpg

Haven't these people suffered enough? I mean really. 

I can smell canada burning from my house thanks to a northerly wind. we can see the smoke too when its clear. I imagine there will be some interesting smoke trails on the ice just now

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Some background. The entire city of Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories has been evacuated due to massive forest fires. It's crazy. So the evacuees are making their way here to Alberta. The Edmonton area will have thousands of these people spending a some time here. Can't imagine what this would be like. Having to evacuate, not knowing if you would have a home anymore. Crazy.

The Edmonton Elks are our DFL football team. They currently have the dubious honour of being the professional sports team, IN ANY SPORT EVER, with the longest at home losing streak. We haven't won a game at home since 2019. Won our first game of the season over the weekend. Season is half over right now. I don't think we won  a game at all last season.

Then I see this headline in today's paper, and I chuckled a little.

20230822_070324.jpg

Haven't these people suffered enough? I mean really. 

LOOOOOONG way to go for a laugh, but you made the effort and you DID get there! Respect! ;)

This is a variation of a joke I heard long ago, and I don't remember who told it. "I had two tickets to a [name of despised local sports team] game. I made the mistake of laying them on the dashboard of my car. Parked it downtown. Came back to my car, the window is smashed, oh great. Look at my dashboard, someone has put two MORE tickets to the game on it." :lol:

The joke works just as well for non-sports events, too. Try it with, say, an Alanis Morissette concert. ;):lol:

• Haha 2

It is poor taste but it is not against the rules. " General discussions on anything EXCEPT politics or religion! Keep it clean... all forum rules apply!"

Typical gallows humor Which is no worse than some of the post after the Titan submersible implosion.

image.png

Edited by bobthehobbyguy
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

It is poor taste but it is not against the rules. " General discussions on anything EXCEPT politics or religion! Keep it clean... all forum rules apply!"

Typical gallows humor Which is no worse than some of the post after the Titan submersible implosion.

image.png

Oh for crying out loud! It's a joke! You are not a moderator! 

I found it funny myself. If you don't, don't post a comment on it. Simple as that.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Oh for crying out loud! It's a joke! You are not a moderator! 

I found it funny myself. If you don't, don't post a comment on it. Simple as that.

Well if you had bothered to read the post previous to mine you would have realized I was responding to the previous post.

And by the way I will post MY OPINIONS whenever I feel like despite your objections.

My last comment on the subject!

The best joke I ever made up:

RIddle: How many pit bull owners does it take to change a burned-out bulb?

Answer: Two -- one to say "It ain't burned out!" and one to say "Well, it shore wouldn't have burned out if you hadn't teased it!"

This was about fifteen minutes after I was bitten on the left hand by a young P.B. bitch while delivering PPG products to a jack-leg body shop on my route.  I was 71 years old, and didn't even see the hound which got me as I set down a heavy carton of paint!  OW!  Wick

22 minutes ago, W Humble said:

Answer: Two -- one to say "It ain't burned out!" and one to say "Well, it shore wouldn't have burned out if you hadn't teased it!"

This was about fifteen minutes after I was bitten on the left hand by a young P.B. bitch while delivering PPG products to a jack-leg body shop on my route.  I was 71 years old, and didn't even see the hound which got me as I set down a heavy carton of paint!  OW!  Wick

I've never seen a PB yet that was mean unless someone trained it to be that way.

I think the problem is these punks that can't own a weapon for various legal reasons train their dog to be that weapon and they got that rep from there. In the past it was Dobermans and German Shepherds.  PBs are just the flavor of the week. You never hear of a chewawa or yorkie attacking but I've never seen one that wouldn't try to bite a stranger when they see them. I've been a house painter for over 30 years so I've been a lot of people's homes. Never had a problem with any larger breed but I don't trust a small dog as far as I could throw them. [about 30 feet, I recon]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W Humble said:

Is this joke supposed to be funnier the second time  around, are you trying to restart a debate about pit bulls or have you not gotten over it and feel the need to repost it?

Almost one year ago:

How many pit-bull owners does it take to change a light bulb?

Two: one to say it isn't burned out, and one to say it wouldn't have burned out if you hadn't teased it!

I made that one up, within 15-minutes after having a young female PB sink her teeth into my left hand.

I was delivering paint and body-shop stuff to a shop, and didn't see the dog, but a mini-dog was pulling on my pants cuff while my arms were full of a 40-lb. box of paint.  As it set it down, the PB struck -- and the owner was saying 'She don't bite!'  Ah -- so how does she eat?  Wick  Was not fun~!

38 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Nursery Rhyme

Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon.

The little boy laughed to see such fun, and the dish ran away with the spoon!

Was the writer of this on  LSD of something?

better not think about rock a bye baby too much then, lol

• Xingu locked this topic