Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a laugh?

Ace-Garageguy

6 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yup...saw that and wondered who'd get the "what's wrong with this picture" aspect.   :D

My electrician was the one who was incredibly disappointed when he finally found out that a "ground fault interrupter" was not some kind of new tech anti-earthquake device. 

He tried to be a political activist in college, but he was always a few ohms short of a full-on revolt.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Danno said:

My electrician was the one who was incredibly disappointed when he finally found out that a "ground fault interrupter" was not some kind of new tech anti-earthquake device. 

He tried to be a political activist in college, but he was always a few ohms short of a full-on revolt.

Watt does that even mean? 

I think electrical references should be banned for being too potentially polarizing.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Haha 2

This is a true story, and happened this morning. The Lovely Mrs. Snake heard it all, and can testify. 

Setup: This is the time of year when, if you are an American over 65, you will get many, MANY phone calls trying to sell you "Medicare supplemental insurance."  The tipoff that these are sales calls are the word "Medicare." NO ONE from Medicare will ever call you for any reason. If you need to talk to Medicare, YOU have to call THEM (and probably wait on line for hours, but that's not what I'm here to tell you). ANY mention of Medicare IS a sales call. The vast majority of these are recorded robo-calls, but every now and then one will be a real live person, which I take as an opportunity to have some fun. Okay, here we go. 

CALLER: (In very slight Indian accent) "Good morning, Richard, this is Carol with Medicare Assistance. How are you today?"

ME: (In happy, upbeat mood) "Hi, Carol, I'm doing great! What are you wearing?"

CALLER: (After a few seconds) "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you, sir. What did you say?" 

ME: (Still happy and upbeat) "I said Hi, Carol, I'm doing great! What are you wearing?"

CALLER: (After a pause of a few more seconds) "Sir, that is NONE of your business!!!"

ME: (Still happy and upbeat) "Hey, YOU called ME!"

CALLER: "F*** you!" (Click)

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. :lol::lol::lol:

Feel free to try this yourself. You'll be glad you did! B):lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, Snake45 said:

This is a true story, and happened this morning. The Lovely Mrs. Snake heard it all, and can testify. 

Setup: This is the time of year when, if you are an American over 65, you will get many, MANY phone calls trying to sell you "Medicare supplemental insurance."  The tipoff that these are sales calls are the word "Medicare." NO ONE from Medicare will ever call you for any reason. If you need to talk to Medicare, YOU have to call THEM (and probably wait on line for hours, but that's not what I'm here to tell you). ANY mention of Medicare IS a sales call. The vast majority of these are recorded robo-calls, but every now and then one will be a real live person, which I take as an opportunity to have some fun. Okay, here we go. 

CALLER: (In very slight Indian accent) "Good morning, Richard, this is Carol with Medicare Assistance. How are you today?"

ME: (In happy, upbeat mood) "Hi, Carol, I'm doing great! What are you wearing?"

CALLER: (After a few seconds) "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you, sir. What did you say?" 

ME: (Still happy and upbeat) "I said Hi, Carol, I'm doing great! What are you wearing?"

CALLER: (After a pause of a few more seconds) "Sir, that is NONE of your business!!!"

ME: (Still happy and upbeat) "Hey, YOU called ME!"

CALLER: "F*** you!" (Click)

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. :lol::lol::lol:

Feel free to try this yourself. You'll be glad you did! B):lol:

That's great!

I do this with any spam calls...

You know those Minions Fart gun toys? Oh they're loads of fun til you get bored with it. My sister bought it for me a few years ago as a prank. 

Fear not... if your child has one, borrow it. Things are gonna get fun again. Next time you get a telemarketer/SPAM call, answer it but don't say anything... aim that fart gun and squeeze the trigger a few times into the phone and hang up. I'll betcha you won't be hearing from them again. ROFL!

• Xingu locked this topic