Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a laugh?

Ace-Garageguy

On 12/30/2023 at 11:29 AM, iamsuperdan said:

The IT Crowd.

Season 4, Episode 6, circa 2006

There's a whole running gag about being put on a pedal stool.

In my humble opinion, the funniest show I've ever watched.

Just ignore the US version though because it stinks.

I didn't see your post before I replied with almost the same thing. Not being a Brit, the whole "Damp Squid/Squib" thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me - but I get the drift.

I have to agree about the show, funniest stuff ever. My kids found it and shared with my wife and I. We watch it still whenever we need a laugh. I bought the set on DVD years ago and hung on to them. Soon all the streaming services you pay through the nose for will be charging for the privilege of watching your favorite shows...oh, wait. They already are. And forcing commercials down your throat. Is this the "What Irked You?" thread? ;)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, redscampi said:

Soon all the streaming services you pay through the nose for will be charging for the privilege of watching your favorite shows...oh, wait. They already are. And forcing commercials down your throat. Is this the "What Irked You?" thread? ;)

As we celebrate mediocrity 

All the boys upstairs wanna see

How much you'll pay for

What you used to get for free. 

--The Prophet Tom Petty, "The Last DJ," 2002

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Gary.    A Squib is an old fashioned  British term for a loud banger firework.

Should put the term Damp Squib into some sort of context for you.

Ahhh, thanks very much!

You know, robots can select those images with traffic lights........ Ever notice when a pic online is loading, there will be a caption, "image may contain....."

There's even an app that you can take a pic of a flower, and the app tells you what it is, even what's wrong with it........

• Xingu locked this topic

Went back through this thread and handed out warnings and bans to those that needed it.

If you go to a political site to get your memes, there is a really good chance it is going to cross the "No Politics" threshold of this board.

Thread is now locked, because a handful of members wanted to test the limits of political commentary to see what they could get past the moderators.

Also, this thread generally stopped being funny a long time ago.

Do not start another similar thread, it will be locked down/removed when we see it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1