Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oil Crisis

GLMFAA1

$4.10/gal for regular in my Cleveland suburb.   Filled up my Jeep this evening, it went to $74 and it shut off, didn't quite fill it up.  Maybe a limit on my debit card or the station?  I think this has happened before at the same station..

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

$4.10/gal for regular in my Cleveland suburb.   Filled up my Jeep this evening, it went to $74 and it shut off, didn't quite fill it up.  Maybe a limit on my debit card or the station?  I think this has happened before at the same station..

Some stations and cards do have a limit.  The shell station kicks of at 50 dollars. I don’t. Let mine get below 3/4 just because of sticker shock and what I can afford..

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

... it went to $74 and it shut off, didn't quite fill it up...

I encountered this all across the country back in July when I ran my first big truckload of stuff out West.

Could have been a real PITA at 6MPG, but I carry multiple cards.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Old Guy Story (not as old as Bill)

Worked at a Shell Station off and on 1976-79. If someone wanted to use a Shell credit card and it went over $25, you had to call for an authorization. On the phone. Nobody wanted to wait on the squarebody Blazer/Jimmy customers.

• Haha 1